Monday, April 7, 2008

Childhood Memories

Good afternoon everyone! Sorry I was away from the computer (that I seem to be attached to) this weekend. We spent it with our friends who were visiting from CA. We braved the non-springlike weather (cold & rainy) to visit Mt. Vernon. The kids seemed to only want to holler about eating and visiting the gift shop (what's new, right). But we had fun catching up and the visit was definitely too short.

I received in the mail 2 "presents" today that got me thinking about my childhood (how long ago was that-haha). First came my Magnolia stamps from the Netherlands. I had fallen in love with these stamps when I'd first seen them on someone's blog (don't remember whose). It took 2 weeks to receive them and the shipping wasn't any worse than the US companies. This girls name is Tilda w/ flower basket and she totally reminds me of Holly Hobby. Do you remember Holly Hobby? I loved her when I was little; my bedroom and lunch box were devoted to her. She's just so cute & innocent, just like these Magnolia stamps.

The second present (I say this term loosely) that came today were my new Copic sketch markers. I have seen & heard magnificent things done with these markers. What appealed to me was the fact that you can replace the tips and refill them--makes them worth the expense (serious moulah $$). I used them today for my Tilda card, hopefully I will get more skilled with the blending and shading over time. I just love to color and I have since I was a child. Nothing was more exciting then sneaking down Christmas morning to grab my stocking and opening my brand new 72 box of Crayola Crayons!! I loved them so much and I always got a couple of coloring books to go with them. I would stay up all night waiting for Christmas morning, just coloring away--there was just nothing better to me. I still love to color and I still love the smell of Crayola crayons, except now my coloring has moved up to colored pencils, watercolors and markers, but the feeling is the same. Ahhh childhood, some things just take you back, ya' know. I got my Copics from Dick Blick's (best deal at the time)--I encourage you to check them out.

Anyhoo, enough about my past. Hope you enjoy this card (and look, no stickles this time)--I'm sure you'll see more Magnolia images in the future.

Happy Stamping---Suzanne

Magnolia stamps, SU sentiment, Copic markers, Paper Trey Ink ribbon, dew drops, Prima flowers, Basic Grey 'sultry' paper & rub-on

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover