Tuesday, August 19, 2008

More Fall Fun!









Good Tuesday morning everyone! Hope your week has started off well. The weather has been beautiful here the past week, but we could really use some rain. Everything is so dry here and the leaves are already starting to fall off the trees due to the lack of rain. Fall will be here very soon, me thinks!

***BLOG CANDY ALERT*** If you haven't entered for my blog candy yet, you have until Thursday 8/21 at 11 pm EST to do so. You can enter for it here.

I'm continuing on my "fall" theme today (maybe the whole week, we'll see)--I'm having so much fun using my new fall stamps and paper. The first project is a notecard gift set that I made for a friend/neighbor who always takes care of our 4 kitties while we're away (and I take care of her 2 kitties when they're away too)--works out well. I wanted to make her a little gift to say thanks, and I thought some notecards would be a great gift. These are pretty straight forward, I make them all the time for different seasons & reasons. The stamps are Lockhart "itty bitty's" from Ellen Hutson's store (1 pumpkin stamp and the square border is a separate stamp). I used my Copics to color them in and punched them out with my scalloped square punch. I paper pierced around the rust squares for an added pop. The cream cs is from PTI, the rust cs is from SU, the dp from Fiskars (I think, I cut off the label, oopsie) . Pretty easy to see how to put together, just layering of the elements. I added a strip of dp to the cream envelopes and then put them in a clear box from Clearbags.com (love their boxes). I made a matching tag and added a sentiment from PTI's stamp set "mixed messages"--a great, versatile sentiment set; then I wrapped this bee-u-tiful sheer ribbon (Michaels $1 spot) around and tied a bow, wrapped some rafia around and attached to the tag. A simple, but elegant gift that anyone would love to recieve.


The second project is a card I made with my new stamps from C.C. Designs that you can purchase from All That Scraps. These stamp sets are just absolutely adorable--so cute you want to reach out and squeeze 'em!! This set is called " Bear Hugs" and I used the sitting bear and side bee from it. Are they not the cutest evah'?? They're colored w/ Copics and highlighted with my Inkssentials pen; I also added some diamond stickles to the bee's wings for lotsa sparkle. The light gold cs and ribbon are from PTI (lemon tart), the dp is K&Co. "johnny yanok--fall harvest" pad. I cut out the bear and bee and popped them up on the ovals (cut w/ my nesties) w/ dimensionals. The leaves are a stamp from Inkadinkado that I stamped in various colors around the border. The grass is another stamp from C.C. Designs called "SugarPlums Scenery"--lots of fun, useful images in that set too. And finally the sentiment is from Inkadinkado's "Autumn Foliage" set. The leaves were punches and I just bunched a few together and popped on dimensionals for the corners. So cute, lovin' it.


Hope ya like 'em all! From reading everyone's comments on my blog candy post, it seems everyone wants some tutorials on using Copics and/or watercoloring. I am planning on doing at least 2 tutorials, step by step on coloring images with Copics for ya--I'll do watercoloring later! Maybe towards the end of the week--we'll see how my week works out. I have lots more school clothes/shoes shopping to do for my kids (ugh...not fun at all...my kids are super-picky).


Until tomorrow...
Suzanne

15 comments:

  1. love them, suzanne.
    You have done a fantastic job on both the thank you notes for your friendly Neighbour, and your bear hugs stamp....so adorable...hugs Rachxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe we're playing with fall and winter stuff already!! Nothing like wishing our lives away, huh?! hahaha!! Love these designs, especially the Bear Hugs card!! Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh boy, both of these are beautiful. Your friend is going to love that set of cards. The other card, I love those CC designs, bought the summer set and have only used it once- I have to get it back out before the fall hits! Yikes........... Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  4. SOOOO cute!!!! They are both adorable!!! What a great gift!!!
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow both of these are great but I have to say I absolutely LOVE the little bear card, he is just so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am glad you are home suzanne.I missed seeing your creations.I bought a few things from cc designs but not the bear.Now,I have to have the bear too:)
    Love your cards and I am super happy that you are going to do a tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable cards Suzanne, thanks so much for sharing. I just love that little bear, SO cute! :)

    Christine :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love them all! Great colors and images!

    TFS! Hugs Tanja

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute! I love your gift set. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous!!! I love both of the cards you made! The set is so cute! And the bear is just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your artwork is so inspiring. Just lovely. I'm thrilled to have found your blog through Cammie King.

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh suzanne these are the BESTEST!!! your coloring is stunning and the inksentials just really makes it amazing. i'd just love to hang out one day and learn from you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. wo very beautiful card I like your stamps

    ReplyDelete
  14. Autumn is my fave season and that bear just adds to the cuteness :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover