Friday, August 29, 2008

Schoolgirl Crush!!



Happy TGIF and Happy Labor Day Weekend--yippee! I hope you all have some fun planned for your holiday weekend. If the weather is nice we will spend some time at the pool for sure, but no big plans other than that. We have to finish getting school supplies for my daughter, because for some reason the middle school waits until today to send them out--aghhh! Just as an update, the other day when I took my two "lovely" children school shopping I seriously thought that I might have to leave them by the side of the road. Bicker, bicker, argue, whine....I thought my head would explode & by the time I got home it felt like it too. Now don't get me wrong, I love my kids to death but shopping w/ them is TORTURE--especially if they have to try anything on or wait (omgosh--the horrors) for their sibling to try something on. This is why I buy tons of everything so that I won't have to experience that (hopefully) again for awhile!!! LOL!


I'm sorry to report that I'm delaying the rest of the tutorial until next Tuesday. I ran out of sunlight today before I was finished w/ the card and I hate taking pictures w/o natural daylight. I know many of you will be going away or celebrating this weekend, so I will wait to post it until next week.


Instead I'm posting a card I made with my brand spankin' new stamps that arrived yesterday from Diana Crick (you can order them by contacting her at magnolia.us@shaw.ca). I could NOT wait to ink these cuties up. I used 3 Magnolia stamps--Cherry Tilda, Edwin with Glasses and the Ruler. When I saw this lil' Edwin with his glasses on I knew I had to have him--he looks just like my son. Of course my son HATES his glasses but I think he looks cute in them. Next year he'll be getting contacts, just in time for middle school (oh no, my baby) but he'll be really happy.


How cute do these two look sitting next to each other on their ruler? All I could think of was those cute, innocent crushes kids have on each other when they're young. And this sentiment from Verve Stamp's "Feeling Groovy" set was too perfect! The awesome dp is from Cosmo Cricket--I love the blackboard paper behind them and the argyle paper matched Edwin's sweater so perfectly too. All of the images are colored with Copics, a few stickles on the cherries and diamond glaze on Edwin's glasses. I really love how this one turned out! Hope you like it too!


If you haven't checked out the new Heavenly and Travel Magnolia collection make sure you do--you're bound to love them! If you're a member of the Magnolia-licious Yahoo Group you can see Diana's inventory on file, if not you can look at them here. Diana's webstore will be up and running real soon---can't wait!!


I will be back to post at least once this weekend--I plan on spending alot of time hanging out and relaxing with my family before school begins on Tuesday. Hope you all have a safe and fun weekend!!


Suzanne

10 comments:

  1. fabby card Suzanne,
    i am so going to have to get some of these stamps....you have made them looks gorgeous...so sweet...hope that you have a great weekend with your family...hugs Rachxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG what a sweet card! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely adorable, I love it!!! Have a wonderful weekend :)

    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  4. these are adorable! I love your colouring and have just found your blog! where have I been all this time! just fabulous. annie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. this card is just ADORABLE! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMGosh! I love that card! Of course, I love all of your cards! The coloring is unbelieveable! You are so talented! I don't have any Magnolia, but, this really makes me NEED some! Haha! Have a great holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wouw what a beautifull card Suzanne, so very, very cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just ADORABLE!!!! Have a wonderful and relaxing weekend! Our weekend is FULL of busy! I can't wait to sit down and try out your tutorial! I am looking forward to the rest! You ROCK!
    Hugs~ Kim

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous creation, Suzanne!!
    I love your job!!!
    Hugs, mumur

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE your cards, you really are talented. This Tilda card makes me smile! It is so cute!
    Jillx

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover