Thursday, September 11, 2008

Fall-ing For Autumn!

Happy Thursday everyone! I am happy and thankful today! My sinus infection is on its way out the door and I brought my kitty home too!! He's eating up a storm and resting--I'm so glad to have him home!! Maybe now I can get some sleep....ha ha!! Now if the "powers that be" could just get me out of jury duty tomorrow, I'd be set!! And I'm thankful to all of you in the "stamping blog land" of ours for sending me your well wishes and support--its so appreciated!

BLOG CANDY ALERT--If you have not entered for my blog candy, you can do so until 11 pm EST tonight right HERE!!
******************************************************************



I have 2 cards for ya today and both are fall themed again! I am loving all my new fall stamps and dp, I just gotta use them! My first card uses another Spiral Whisper stamp by Janet Roberts (Autumn Millie)--she's just a cutie-pie! I pulled out a new pack of dp from SU called "Sweet Always" (lovee the colors and patterns in this pack for sure) and used the sketch on SCS (SC193) for my layout. The sentiment is from PTI's "Mailbox Greetings"--love the versatility of that set (use it all the time)!





The second card uses a new stamp set I got from H&M Stamp Co. called "Old Fashioned Hayride"--this set has a ton of stamps in it and all of them are great! Heather Rolin is both a stamp designer and owner for this company--she's super talented and super nice too! I ordered a few sets from H&M and they are really great---I'll be sharing my projects with those real soon! I stamped out all 3 elements (the scarecrow does not have a crow on his hat, but the set comes w/ one and I thought it looked cute there) and colored them w/ Copics. I used my circle nesties to cut everything out. The dp is from DCWV "fall mat stack" paired w/ PTI cs. I punched my brown cs with my new Fiskars border punch and just layered away. The sentiment is the same one from PTI that I used above--I always cut my sentiments when I get them because I like to stamp them in different ways. This way you can make them fit to your needs too. I added a few stickles to make everything pop!

Hope you like the cards today! I will type up my post for Friday tonight with the winner of the blog candy since I'll probably be gone all day tomorrow doing my civic duty (yuck)! Hope ya have a great day!

Suzanne

6 comments:

  1. LOVE them! i was *this* close to getting that stamp when i placed my order.......i am still waiting on my first order of new SU DSP - UGH!! i didn't order right away :(

    so i think i am the only person on the planet who WANTS jury duty and have never been called :P good luck! when i had time i used to sit in courtrooms for fun.......

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww more gorgeous cards, I'm loving the colours you've used and the delighful images Jill x

    ReplyDelete
  3. fabby autum cards you have created, we really should celebrate the season more here in the UK. Fingers crossed jury duty is cancelled, and so glad you have your kitty home.
    annie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE these cards Suzanne! Great coloring as always. Good luck with jury duty, hopefully it will be cancelled. So glad your kitten is home safe and sound.

    Hugs,

    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  5. ohhh, I love the first card! i am so glad I found your blog - I'll be back to visit (I can see why you have so many hits!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. autumn millie is so cute - i love the card you made with her. your work is beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover