Saturday, September 13, 2008

Fright Nite!!

Good Saturday Morning to ya! First and foremost, I hope all my stampin' pals and cohorts in the Texas area are safe and dry with big ole' Hurricane Ike hitting the area last nite. We're all praying and thinking about ya!

We're off to the Octoberfest today with some of our friends--hope the weather stays nice and it should be fun. Then I'm teaching a Copics class at Marti's (Pez-a-doodles) house--we'll see how I do, lol! And boy do I have some news for you, but its still top secret right now (3 big secrets actually)--can't wait to share with ya'll!

Don't forget to visit Jen del Muro's blog (I{heart}2stamp) today for her Saturday Sketch For You to Try and my sample I made as her guest designer this month. Let's just say it will be a "bella-riffic" sketch for ya!!



I decided to make it a theme day again--so today is "fright nite" for ya, tee hee! I love Halloween and I love to decorate for Halloween. Every year I haul out my boxes of decorations and then of course go buy some new things and decorate the front yard for the many trick-or-treaters we get. I even fire up my fog machine so the front yard "graveyard" is spooky--I just love it! So when I saw this "Fright Night" stamp set from H&M Stamps I just had to have it! I love that you can make spooky scenes with it and ya gotta love all the different gravestones. Everything was colored w/ Copics and I added some stickles to the house's windows for a sparkly glow. I cut each of the gravestones out and popped 'em up w/ dimensionals. I love the sentiment too--so fun! The fence is a Martha Stewart punch and I bent the fence outwards and adhered it w/ tacky tape at the edges for a big 3-D pop! The dp is from Reminisce, isn't it fabby, I love it!



The second card uses stamps from MFT's "Totally Witchin'" set and I used the MFT sketch #47 from this week for the layout. Make sure and check out the MFT forum next week for their week of challenges-looks like fun! I stamped each of the "secret ingredients" out and colored them and then added colored stickles. I added some cobwebs using a Martha Stewart punch and then added black stickles to them. Pretty basic card, just frighteningly fun!

Hope you all have a great weekend! Until then...
Suzanne


12 comments:

  1. two fabulous card Suzanne, good luck with your copic class. not that you need it hun..Hugs rachxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous cards Suzanne, I love them! I've been thinking about getting that H&M set for a while now and I think you just convinced me:) Can't wait for your class tonight.

    Hugs,

    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow 2 gorgeous cards and I love the images and colouring on both, fab papers and layouts Jill x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card! My daughter just bought me the fence punch but now I have to get it from her...they are hard to find! Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I laugh, I am not a halloween person but you and claudia sure do make think I should at least make cards and send em. I love that spooky house and the sentiment is perfect! Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a GREAT time at Octoberfest! And I can't wait to hear all about your Copic party! I really wish I lived by you so I could come and play! :) Your halloween cards are adorable! Love your Martha punches! You have me in the mood to create halloween cards/projects today! :)
    Hugs~ Kim

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wowie are this frightingly ca-UTE! LOL...Super fab on both of these Halloween goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  8. such fun Halloween cards you have made, I love the haunted house one! annie x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I absolutely love your Fright Nite house card. The coloring is fantastic. Great layout...altogether fun card.
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  10. How cute!! Love those jars and the colours you used :)

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover