Monday, October 6, 2008

Ode to the NKOTB, and Oh 2 Projects Too!


Hello and Happy Monday!! Hope you had a great weekend--I know I did! I'm still wishing I was at my NKOTB concert, lol, omgoodness but Jordan (above) is even hotter now than he was 20 years ago!! The last time I saw them in concert was in 1992--I was lucky cuz' I got to see them 6 times from 88' to 92'! Can you believe how time flies by so fast!! For those that are interested (if not skip to below ya haters, lol) they did sing all of their old hits and all their new songs too. They sang a few songs on top of a revolving stage with a piano and it was fantastic--they did a little "dirty dancing", oh my! YouTube has some great interviews and videos--this is one of my favorites. I have never seen so many "grown" women in one place my entire life and it was so cool to hear the whole stadium singing their songs--totally TWISTED. My mom had hoped that since we were all "grown" now that the screaming wouldn't be so bad--Boy was she wrong!! It was so loud my ears were ringing and I lost my voice from screaming so much, just like the old days, hee hee! They've got THE RIGHT STUFF! Natasha Bedingfield opened for them and she was fantastic--she sounds even better live! But back to business right--and the real world!! So that ends my ODE to them, I'll try not to talk about them too much but I added all of the links above in case you have an interest--LOL!! And yes I am CRAZY!!! :)
And yeahhhhhhh--the Redskins beat the Eagles yesterday--wahooooooo!


Spiral Whisper has a "Stamp of the Week" every week and if you buy it that week you get 10% off the purchase. This week's stamp is "Christmas Dog"--isn't he a cutie-pie! I thought he would be the perfect image for an ornament, cuz' I love ornaments w/ doggies on them. I took a coaster and cut it with my scalloped circle nestability. The dp is from MFT and the ribbon is from Michaels. I colored my doggie in with Copics and then added liquid applique to the fur on his hat and added stickles on top. The "joy" sentiment is from PTI's "Rustic Branches" set. Do you likee? I think it turned out cute!


The second card uses another Spiral Whisper stamp illustrated by Janet Roberts. This one is "Millie on Yule Log" and I think she's adorable. Again, she's colored w/ Copics and I added diamond stickles to the snow and used my clear Spica marker to her headband and holly for shimmer. All of the cs is from PTI and I used my CB embossing folder on the aqua mist cs. The sentiment is from Cornish Heritage Farms "Christmas Expressions" and was cut out with my Nestabilities Tag Trio. I layered three snowflakes together in the corner and that's it. Easy, peasy, but cutie-patootie! (Agghhh...I need to stop, lol)

Alrighty, I'm outta here. Make sure and visit the Spiral Whisper site when you get a chance--you're sure to find something you like!! They ship here to the states super fast too! Visit their blog too--they're looking for Guest Designers for the month of November!!

Until then...
Suzanne

9 comments:

  1. Oh my I love the Millie on Log card its gorgeous, what adorable colours too! Hugs Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card. Really cute image and love the way you coloured her in. Michele x

    ReplyDelete
  3. christmas is coming! fabby doggy ornament and such a pretty card with the little girl on the log. hugs, annie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. love them both suzanne - the ornament - what a great idea!! gotta use up all those coasters i got......

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous, love them both! :)
    Hugs, Christine

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is adorable! I love how you colored her blonde hair. What color Copics did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey! Saw your comment on my blog--I have been trying to figure out if there is another show I can go to too! If it wasn't for my job, adult responsibilities, yada, yada, yada I'd be all over that Philly show! I have actually had my eye on the Atlantic City show though. It's a much smaller venue and the in the videos from the first one the crowd was much calmer! Don't know if my hubby will go for it or not! (I too am obsessed with JK--my hubby is so tired of hearing about it!) Once a Blockhead, always a Blockhead! Laura

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adore the doggie! What a cue ornament! And I just love the Spiral Whispers! What great colors you used. I'm all about the bling on her!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous winter card! And again, just the right colors and details! Love your work!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover