Saturday, January 10, 2009

Countrytime!!

Happy Saturday everyone! What's everyone up to this weekend? We have a few errands to run and then we are blissfully free---yay!! I'm going to spend some time craftin' and catching up on projects so that maybe I can actually get ahead, lol! Lots of projects & so little time....oh my! And I have a confession for you today------I am a hoarder of "alterable items", there I said it! I have an issue with picking up (many) items always with the good intention of using it--needless to say I have a cupboard full of items, lol! One of my New Year's resolutions is to actually use some of them--so keep on the lookout, ok. So, in that spirit I transformed one of my many "items" for ya today---


I have wood clipboards in many sizes in my cupboard and I really wanted to use this medium sized one. My home is kinda traditional & french country (I love french country)especially my kitchen, so I made this to match my kitchen :o) I had to use this new, fabby "Buttermilk Hen" from the new Karen Lockhart collection cuz' I love roosters & chickens! I painted the back & sides of the clipboard w/ acrylic paint and then attached this yummy dp from Chatterbox with modgepodge. After sanding the edges I inked all around with my Memento brown ink to distress it a bit. The cute hen was colored with Copics and I added a few Distress Stickles in "scattered straw" to the straw, lol!
The sentiment is from PTI's "Mailbox Greetings" and is perfect for this project. I'll probably set this on my kitchen desk but it would be great as a recipe holder too. The cool thing about these clipboards is that they came with a lil' removable stand so you can actually stand it up or hang it! I found mine at Michael's and they were under $2---great gift idea, me thinks!


My second project today uses another new stamp from Whiff of Joy's "party animal" line---I think this lil' mouse is just too cute for words! (If you're here in the states you can buy this lil' guy right here) I used this week's SCS sketch #210 for the layout which was kinda fun & made me step out of my box a little. This fun dp is from K&Co & I've had it for awhile--I love the bright colors! I paired it with matching colors from my Coredinations stash and added some fun scrolls made with this punch to the mix. The sentiment is from SU's "lots of thoughts" set and fit perfectly in this box! A few stickles and some rhinestones & its done---a really fun birthday card!

Make sure and check out Katharina's blog tomorrow for a sneak peek of the new WOJ Elisabeth Bell stamps that are coming out in February. I've seen them all & they are "adorable"--lovee them all!

I will also have some Valentine Blog Candy next week---so make sure and check back :o)

See ya on Monday!

Suzanne


14 comments:

  1. I am the first to leave a comment??!! Susan, the birhday card is SOOOO ADORABLE!! I love this image and what you did with it!! Might just have to break down and buy this stamp..
    Hugs,
    :)Irina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lve both projects but love the country theme of the first. Great work.
    TFS
    Paul

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love them both! I love the notepad and that buttermilk hen is adorable! I love the French Country look. It just feels right to me! And that birthday card is too cute! I love the colors and the swirls in the corner add the perfect touch for it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love them both!! Really adore the little clipboard, you should do more of those, you rock at them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Suzanne,
    Thta is some stunning work! I agree with Danni you should ROCK the alterable items more often...cuz what a cute welcome to your new home gift this would be...
    Hearts and Hugs
    Susana

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Suzanne we are both so alike! I hord alterable items too! I have a whole closet full of them...and of course they are still just sitting there! ha ha! I love what you did with your clipboard...it's so adorable!!!! And that card is so cute! You do such awesome work hun!
    Hugs~ Kim

    ReplyDelete
  7. Suzanne the Buttermilk Hen clip board is fabulous! Love the colors, love the paper everything!
    Your mouse birthday card is so adorable and fun, such a cute image!
    TFS

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow I love the idea of the clipboard and it is so beautiful...the card is stunning, great colours...love them both xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are both great projects! Love the clip board colors and love the mouse with cup cake. Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE IT GIRL! Especially the cards...... too cool!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Suzanne I absolutely love the "French Country" clip board you did with the "ButterMilk Hen " Stamp. It is so beautiful. Love how you colored it and the choice of paper! What a perfect Job it is... I would love to do one as a receipe holder like you suggested. Using my own kitchen colors and style of course...Thanks for the Inspiration and being so Gracious to share you Talent!! Oh, I love the cute Party Mouse Card as well, it's adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Suzanne, what lovely projects you have made hunny. I love the clipboard what fabulous idea. I have some similar boards somewhere, i must try and find them. I also love that new whiff of joy mouse image, and you have made a fabulous card using the cute little mouse! Oh i feel like you not enough hours in the day. I have been trying to get ahead of myself since the beginning of January, and still failing miserably!! hope you are better organized than me! hugs Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooooh! Love that clipboard!!! I will be on the lookout for one of those, I assure you. And don't tell anyone, but I hoard alterables too... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. ooo I love that clipboard you made! such gorgeous warm colours and love the patchwork chicken and of course the plaid! Fabulous! and your card is great too. hugs, annie x

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover