Thursday, February 12, 2009

My Umbrella Friend!!

Happy Thursday everyone! One more day till the weekend--can I hear a Whoo-Hoo!!! Today is a special day in the Dean household cuz' my baby (Riley) turns 11 today! Oh my how the past 11 years have flown by---I had a wonderful pregnancy with Riley and ended up gaining 70 lbs with him (thankfully I lost it all in 3 mos) and he was just the cutest, fattest little guy! His nicknames were "Lil Man" & "Chunky Monkey" (he'll love that I told you that, hee hee) and he has just been the best son we could ever ask for. He's alot like his dad; patient, laid-back and think's he's Mr. Funny-Man!

He's obsessed with history and the military and loves to watch documentary's on TV(which can drive mom crazy, lol)--he can tell you any fact, from any war or anytime in history---he really just AMAZES me everyday! And he'll love this, but I ask him if he'll take care of me when he's rich & famous & he says "Yes, mom! I will buy you a house and buy you lots of shoes & purses!"--ah, my baby knows me well, lol!! I know he's on the road to growing up into an awesome, talented & wonderful young man!



We Love Ya Baby! Happy 11th Birthday to Ya!!

*******************************************************************

I have a tutorial up today on the "Follow Your Heart" Blog about using your punches in different ways! We will be having a bi-monthly segment on "Using What You Have" so we can dig out those tools & old supplies & use them in new & fun ways. Make sure and check it out!!

******************************************************************

With this warm weather we've been having, I've been in a sunny, cheery mood so I had to use my new DCWV "Citrus" pack! I was naughty & ordered all of the new DCWV stacks that have come out (eek) but I love them sooooo much {If you're naughty too--you can see them HERE, lol}! This pack is just chock'full of fun & bright prints to use! I pulled out this cute Magnolia that I had gotten from the Magnolia Fall Kit---if you love her perhaps Diana will order her if she gets enuff requests :o) but you can find lots of other fun Magnolia's at Magnolia-licious too!


The sketch I used today is from this week's SCS sketch #215 (I flipped it)--great sketch to use with your Magnolia's. The sentiment is from MFT's "Rain or Shine" stamp set--perfect for this image! I added some fun MME buttons and threaded Scrapper's Floss thru and tied a bow--love that Scrapper's Floss!
Close-up shows the Diamond Stickles that I applied on her heart, raindrops & puddle. I also used Diamond Glaze on her boots & Shimmerz on her "leafy" umbrella! Isn't she just a cutie-pop!



If you haven't had a chance to enter the yummy WebCandy we have going on thru tonight at midnite(EST) on Susana's Custom Art & Card Design site on PaperCraft Planet! All the details are right HERE!!

I'm off to finish up birthday preparations and finish some work (hopefully)!



hugz,
Suzanne

16 comments:

  1. GORGEOUS card! love the heery colors!

    so sweet about riley - aren't sons just the greatest? ahh the good old days - mine have discovered other women so mom isn't first anymore but they are still the greatest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday to Riley!

    I love the card - it just looks like spring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy birthday to you happy birthday to happy birthday happy birthday happy bithday too youuuuuuu riley! and be verry happy that you cannot hear my sing hahaha..
    and you have made a lovely card!
    hugs sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a lovely SPRINGY card!! beautiful bright papers! This Tilda is a perfect spring stamp with her wellies on!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday Riley!! He sounds like a great kid! It would be fun to be his gramma!!
    Love this card! Happy Happy Happy!
    Tilda is darling!
    hugz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday Riley!!! Aren't little boys just the sweetest? They love their mom's. And, speaking of love. I love your card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday to Riley! and I love your card with this Tilda, I think I've only ever used her once so must get her inky again! hugs, annie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your card Suzanne. Happy birthday to Riley, he sounds like a wonderful young man :)
    Hugs, Christine

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the cards...need to look out these stamps..

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday to your son!!
    Love the card, just such happy colors!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday to your son! My son will be 21 this year and I just can't believe it!! I love your card!! Never thought of using this stamp for a springy card! It's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy birthday to your son! Gorgeous card, love the colours! Hugs, Moni

    ReplyDelete
  13. darling! LOVE the boots!! :)
    Happy Birthday to your "little" man! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. happy 11.th birthday.
    your mom can be proud of you!!!

    wonderful card Suzanne!
    must take a look at the papers! love them on your card
    hugs
    claudia

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, 11 years old! That is just fantastic! I hope he has a wonderful birthday! He sounds like a great young man!

    Your card is absolutely amazing!! So perfect for spring! The colors are great and your coloring is truly breathtaking! You are so very, very talented!

    Smiles,
    janna

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover