Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Spring Chicks!!

Hello & a Happy Tuesday to ya all! Can I just say one more time how sick I am of the cold, the wind & the gray? I am so anxious to see some green on the trees, feel some warm air and see the pretty spring flowers--makes me feel so much more productive and creative when its actually pretty outside, how 'bout you? Anyway, I made a springy card to share with you today!

Today is "Try It Out Tuesday Challenge #7" for Susana's Custom Art & Card Design store blog, Follow Your Heart! This week's challenge was to include 3 embellishments on your card from the store. I used this cutie-patootie image from Anki's Sweethearts called "Young Catherine & Friends" that you can also get at Susana's store! For my layout I used this week's Mojo Monday Sketch #75 which I loved! The dp is from "Daisy Bucket" I believe but not sure since they were in my scrap pile (see me using what I have, lol)!

I cheated a bit on the embellies but I did use more than 3 and the 3 from Susana's store are the Scrappers Floss bow, the daisy flower and the Shimmerz on her shirt & chicks. Those buttons are new from PTI--a whole bag for $5 of different sized buttons! The sentiment is hard to see here but its from PTI's "Spring Tag Collection" and it says "Happiness is Knowing You"--perfect!

Just a close up of my image with Shimmerz on it--I used "golden wheat" Shimmerz here. Such a fun way to add sparkle to your images! Please stop by the store blog to see what the rest of the DT has created and feel free to join in on the challenge too!
******************************************************
I also wanted to let you know about the NEW Copic Bundles that Susana is carrying in her store that were put together by me personally. Each bundle has a few Sketch Copics in it that work together to get you started with Copics or to add to your collection. They come in Skin Tones, Blonde Hair 2, Brunette Hair 1, Basic Blue Jeans, The Reds, and Landscape.

The beauty of these is that for under $30 you can get a set of Copics that work together, blend well and are easy to add more to. I know most people don't have $100+ to buy a set of Copics & if you do, most of the colors do not work together well and you end up having to buy more---frustrating for sure!

I did Copic tutorials for each bundle to show you how to use them and some tips & tricks to mastering coloring with the Copics! There will be more bundles added in the future and some more tutorials to go along with them! You can find the tutorials here on my blog in my sidebar under "Copic Bundle Tutorials" and the store blog! I will also have video tutorials within the next week so you can actually watch me "in action", lol!

Hope you have a great Tuesday!
hugz,
Suzanne

15 comments:

  1. Love, love, love this one Suzanne! Kram - Anki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this card makes me long for spring as well! I love the bright and cheery colors and the gorgeous coloring on your little girl stamp. Her hair reminds me of mine! Wild and untamed1 lOL! Simply stunning as always!

    Smiles,
    janna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Suzanne, Totally feeking the spring vibe even here in calif where its always sunny cept for some much needed raing these last few weeks :o) Your cards are so wel balanced and the colors are like sunshine :o)
    Hearts and Hugs
    Susana

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a lovely spring card, and even though we have a few spring flowers in the garden, I could so do with seeing a bit of green on the trees and less grey clouds about! hugs, annie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Suzanne, such a cute image and i love the pretty dp. Hugs Nikki x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card, I love the layout and spring colors! :)
    Hugs, Christine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how cute! I love the stamped image and your coloring....super!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute image by Anki and I love your coloring and how you put the card together!! =)
    Hugs,
    Jodi =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Suzanne - this is awesome...I love this layout, and just did a card with it last evening. Your Young Catherine is just the sweetest, and so expertly shaded. FANTASTIC job.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the card & a big THANK YOU for the copic tutorials. Can't wait to see your "live & in person" videos!!! Hugzzz.

    Mae

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi,
    I love your cards they are so cute
    Hugs Lia

    ReplyDelete
  12. Suzanne, She is so adorable!! I just love that cute button also.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Suzanne this card is darling! Its so springy and fresh and your coloring is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. great job! i liked this sketch alot too! and YES i will feel much more productive once it's spring!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. AMAZING card Suzanne! Your coloring is always so fantastic!
    Hugs~ Kim

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover