Saturday, June 6, 2009

Bottom's Up!!

And a Happy Saturday to ya!! Hope your weekend is off to a fabulous start! It's actually nice here today (finally) & supposed to be sunny & in the 80's all weekend (yippee)! Great weather for a pool party tonite me thinks! Lots of outside time--gotta do some grillin' too, love grilled veggies! My weight update so far is I've lost 9 lbs, 2" from my hips & waist, 1 inch from each thigh & .5 inch from my arms!! 13 lbs left to go--but I'm seeing a difference for sure, my arms & legs look more toned--Jillian Michaels "Shreddin'" me for sure, hee hee! Only have 2 more weeks before I leave for our beach vacation so gotta kick it in high gear (more than I was already doin'--ack)! Alrighty onto my projects for the day!

NewsBitz: Don't forget to check out my Magnolia-licious DT project for our Blog Hop on the post below if you haven't already. You can join in the fun & if you leave a comment on the below post you can win my Patriotic Project as well!!

If you stopped by looking for my "200,000" hits (now over that--wowzers) Blog Candy I've delayed it until Monday--sorry! I had to pick up a few more things for it cuz' I want it to be magnificent for ya!!
************************************************
Okie Dokie--this was a fun project for me to make yesterday even though I felt glum & foggy (probably due to the lack of sunlight on my body), hee hee! This will cheer ya up for sure. I got these fabulous body products from the Target $1 in yummy flavors like Mango Colada, Limeade & Strawberry Sangria & they smell delish!! So of course I bought a ton (hee hee) so I could make gift sets with them.

I designed my own template for the body products using only 1 sheet of 12x12 cs to make this cute tote/bag--I hate lots of cs cuts & such! (If you'd like me to do a tutorial/instructions for the template let me know--if I get enough requests I will) It's super easy to make & can be adjusted for size easily! And where did I get my idea from you ask--its kinda funny--but I was throwing away an empty orange juice carton in the recyclin' bin on Wed. & thought I could use this, hee hee. But it didn't wash out very well & I figured I could make my own version--which I did & eliminated the sides which makes it easier to build. So ya never know where inspiration might come from--LOL--obviously I need to go thru the recyclin' bin more often!

**If you love this it's for sale in my Etsy shop (link on sidebar) & there will be more**

I used my fabulous new set from PTI called "A Day at the Beach"--lovee it!! I paired it with this fun & fabulous dp from Flair Designs--isn't it perfect for these stamps? I cut out a circle from the front w/ my circle Nesties and then put a transparency over the backside as a lil' window and embossed the top panel only.
Side view of the tote--I made a lil' band for each side so the bottles inside wouldn't fall over & attached them (on their bottoms) with Scor-Tape to the bottom of the tote. I attached everything with Scor-Tape cuz' I lovee that stuff--I swear you could build a house w/ it & it would withstand hurricane winds, LOL! And the fact that you can just rip it w/ your hands & not have to gunk up your scissors--fabulous I say! The tote also ties together with a PTI ribbon bow--2 small holes punched at the top--easy peasy!

Close up of the front images--how fun are these drinks? I stamped them & then colored with Copics. The straw/icecube is a separate stamp that you can stamp over the image--fun! I put some coarse glitter on the edge of the margarita glass & stickles on the ice cubes! (yes I see I went out of the lines twice, but it's now fixed, lol). I bent the sentiment on my block so that it followed the curve of the oval--great thing about acrylic stamps!

Of course I had to do a matching card! That yummy lookin' drink has stickles on top to make it shimmery! This time I added a drink umbrella and some fun Flower Petal embellies!

Inside of box & what the yummy Mango Colada products look like!
If you're looking for them in Target--here's a pic of the Strawberry Sangria products. I also picked up body lotions, lip gloss & nail kits to match!

Well, I hope you enjoyed my summer projects today! If you want instructions on how to make this tote please let me know--and I will post them soon for ya! Don't forget to enter for my project prize on the post below if you lovee it!

Have a fabulous weekend & I'll see ya back here on Monday with some yummo BLOG CANDY!

hugz,
Suzanne

36 comments:

  1. Beautiful gift idea:O) Thanks for sharing. Just love the way you made your drinks! Gorgeous!
    Have a great weekend;O)
    Hugs, Nancy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Suzanne,
    First off congratulations on your weight loss! You have been working very hard at it.
    Your gift set is very cool. I would love to see a tutorial on how to make the tote. Also the drinks look yummy enough to take a sip. The ice cubes look cold and refreshing. Great job Love your work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super fun project, Suzanne, I love those images and what fun paper! Love it! :)
    Hugs, Christine

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job on your weight loss. I know you'll lose the rest quickly. Great gift bag. Yes, I'd love to see a tutorial. I visit your blog daily and love it. Have fun on your vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  6. well, YES I would love to see a tutorial for such a great project! Did you really have to ask?

    Denise Wells
    mamascollections@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are absolutely adorable! Love how you colored and glittered the drinks! Perfect gift idea and oh so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So yummy and refreshing!! I love the sparkly little drinks!! Congrats on the weight loss...think I need to pick up a Jillian CD!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Way to go, girl!!!

    I love this project. So summery!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, that looks soooo good! Yummo, a Rachael Ray fan too! lol.. wtg on your diet it is very hard to do, with the kids home from school...I could never give up caffine, I have to have my coffee..hehehe...anyway a template would be wonderful to have, this is soo stinking cute... I love your work..hope you have a great weekend outside and in the pool! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Suzanne this is gorgeous hun! I absolutely love it and now will be running to Target...I just LOVE the $ spot!!! :) Thanks for the inspiration hun! And I would LOVE a tutorial for your AWESOMELY designed tote! It's adorable!!!
    Hugs~ Kim

    ReplyDelete
  12. Suzanne this project is awesome!! It is fabulous!! I would LOVE a template! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I absolutely LOVE this idea! thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a gorgeous and clever idea!! Love the stamp images you used with your fabulous body products!! And your tote and card are fantastic!! Love this gift set!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'll have to admit...Denise said it best...Do you really have to ask if your fans would like to see a template tut. to learn how make something that is so stinkin' cute?? Yes, we would love to see it so we can make gorgeous stuff - just like Suzanne!! I always love projects using items found in the $ Spot! Thanks for your insight.
    Linda S. in NE

    ReplyDelete
  16. :) Beautifuls set!! LOVE your fun bright colors on these, and your "ice cubes" in the drinks--how genious!! :) LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  17. :) Beautifuls set!! LOVE your fun bright colors on these, and your "ice cubes" in the drinks--how genious!! :) LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful idea & yes....we want your template. Pleazzzzzeeee. Just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Another fabulous project! I really love those drink stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congrats on the awesome weight loss!! Wonderful, wonderful job!
    You are just so creative! Love these projects..so cute and fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congrats on the weight loss! I too am trying but not as much a success yet! Wonderful creations!!! Love your tote set!! The colors and papers are fab!! So cute and fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Suzanne: I'm in Fairfax and totally hear ya on this gloomy weather! Would love if you shared the template also! Would make a great end of the year pressie for teachers! TFS your talented work!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great project... yes I would like the details of how you made it... it makes you want to have a party with "yummy" drinks like yours.
    Melissa in WI

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love this project you came up with and the colors are so summery! Please make a template or write instructions for creating this wonderful little box. Also, congrats on your weight management program! You're doing very well and should attain your goal very soon! Have a great summer! Hugs, Cami

    ReplyDelete
  25. Super cute project! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I left you an award on my blog. Stop by and pick it up.

    http://creationsbyk8.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful and great idea! Hugs Nilla

    ReplyDelete
  28. Fantastic idea. I just picked up some of these fun bath salts, etc today and made a tote tonight. This was perfect timing!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Congrats on the weight loss!! I also love the tote! I think I need a cool drink now =)

    ReplyDelete
  30. super cute! i just adore the little drinks! i grabbed a bunch of those bath items too! pezzy ended up with most of them tho!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi,
    I comment on this post so I do not mess your blog candy :)
    These creations are so fab also and your new WOJ card is awesome. Had the same favourite :)
    Your card is so warm and gentle, love it!
    Hugs,
    Aija

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love the sparkly ice! what a fun idea!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Love it! I would love a tutorial please! Thanks for sharing and inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Love it and would love a tutorial also!! This is fantastic!!
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  35. Pleeeze do a tutorial on the "Bottoms Up" project. It is so cute! I picked up the bath products at Target today. Thanks

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover