Friday, July 24, 2009

Honey Bee Bear!!

Happy TGIFriday everyone!!! This is my last day in NY visiting with the family (sob) and I've had a fabulous time! We've had a ton of laughs that's for sure--last night we made homemade taffy and while we were all (me, my mom, my cousin Jarrod & my grandma & Riley) were all giggling cuz' it was everywhere!! NO lie---it was on everything, hee hee---but it sure tasted good! Had a few rowdy games of gin rummy too with my cheatin' relatives (not cheating really, but I was convinced they were, hee hee)! My doggies have had a blast here too (of course they always travel with me, lol) running around being free on the acres of vineyards. Today after it finished raining my cousin & I (Jarrod is my age & we've been best friends forever)took them for a walk down to the pond which was overfilled & Baylee fell in, LMBO--she actually swam really well & was full of muck! Just like a "country dog", hee hee! I'll be back home on Saturday evening and then home for the rest of what's left of the summer :o) Hubby & Alexa are probably missin' us by now!!

My tomato plants have gone nutso (you should see the 5 ft creatures they've become) and I have over 1,000 tomatoes right now waiting to be picked--they're coming out my ears, lol! And no I do not "can" anything--but I do have a cheese/tomato sandwich everyday & will make some salsa too! Speaking of homecooked goodies---

NewsBitz:

- Whiff of Joy is having their 1 year anniversary BLOG HOP tomorrow and showing off the new release of cute stamps by Elisabeth Bell (they're grrrrrrrrrreat)! Sadly I won't be able to participate because I won't be home in time to get something made but there is sure to be lots of fabulous projects to see!!

-Monday, the Magnolia-licious DT will have a fun challenge up on the Magnolia-licious Highlites blog too! Make sure & stop by!

I made this gift basket and card filled with homemade bread & honey for a friend of mine who watched our cats for 2 weeks while we were in South Carolina. The basket I got at Michaels for about $4 and I weaved aqua mist ribbon thru it & attached w/ scor-tape to dress it up a bit. The fun stamp set is by CC Designs "Bumble B Bear" available at All That Scraps and it's such a cutie-pop set to have on hand.

Isn't that the cutest lil' honey bear on this card? He's colored w/ copics and then I added diamond stickles to his wings and a yellow rhinestone to the flower's center. The dp is by My Mind's Eye and then PTI's cs (aqua mist/summer sunrise). I stacked some Prima flowers together and added some fun PTI buttons for the centers.

I had to make a matching label for the "bear jar" of honey using the smaller image of the bear! I just cut out oval shapes with my nestabilities and attached with scor-tape. To finish it off I wrapped some more ribbon around the top. Such a fun gift to make & to give!! (I looovvveee hot bread from the oven with butter & honey on top--can you say "lovin' from the oven", hee hee)!!

I'll see you back here on Monday with some new projects!!


hugz,

Suzanne

10 comments:

  1. Such a cute gift set. I'm glad to hear that you've had such a great time visiting your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Suzanne....this is great!! What a wonderful gift set, and the little bee-bear is too cute. I love those CCDesign images!! hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Suzanne'
    I'm glad you've had a great time with your family in NY:-) I love this gift basket idea!! to cute with the bear and the colors you used are bright and cheerful for this wonderful "thank you gift"
    Love It!!
    XMichele speraX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jeepers. You are just amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Suzanne... what a cute gift set! I love the honey bee bear how cute! You always have great ideas.
    Hugs,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh My Gosh Suzanne, I love your card and gift basket. The little honey bear image and saying are so cute. I have to tell you that your homemade bread looks so delicious!!
    Hugs, Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Suzanne, what an awsome set! Your talent of making an image come alive sure shines through on this project!
    hugs,
    Pam
    http://stampsinc.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A precious package, the cute image and the bear bottle honey are the perfect combo, fabulous!
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete
  9. Suzanne, what a lovely gift and card set. I'm sure your friend will be sooo... happy to receive it. I'm glad to hear that you've had a lovely time with your relatives.

    Hugs.
    Norma

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover