Friday, July 10, 2009

Through the Window!!

Oh thank goodness it's Friday--hallejuah!! I'm SOOOO over this week I tell ya--onto the weekend please, lol! Vowed to myself that yesterday would be a GREAT day which it started off & then quickly went downhill. Seems my daughter has gotten herself into some "texting" trouble--egads. Nothing law-breaking (thank god) but she's learned that some things that are meant to be private should NEVER be written down and don't say things you'll later regret! Hopefully she learns a great lesson from this & she HAS to fix this one herself, not mom or dad this time (being a grown-up sucks sometimes, hee hee). I swear I'm gonna be a gray-haired momma soon and she's only 13--how will I make it to 18? So much easier when they were small me thinks--but I keep repeating to myself "tomorrow is another day & you will get thru this" over & over. Think the lady in the grocery store thought I was a nut job while I was repeating this over & over to myself, lmbo---bwahhahahhh--maybe I am goin' crazy!! Anywho, moving on.....and here's to a great weekend. I'm off to see Elton John & Billy Joel tomorrow with hubby & am goin' to fully enjoy myself!

And thanks to everyone who has sent me encouraging notes & words of comfort--that means alot to me!! Hugz to you all!

**Also stop by my friend Eve's new blog and say hello! She's new to blog-land (addicting as it is) and I know she'd love a little love on her beautiful projects! Her blog is Creative Card Designs!! ***

My card today uses a brand-spankin' new stamp from the Lockhart Stamp Co.--isn't it fabulous? This new release has 2 beautiful "window" stamps and lots of other cuties too--they're all available at Susana's Custom Art & Card Design. This one is called "Pie in the Window" & I lovee it, makes me wanna have some yummy apple pie!! The sketch layout is from this week's SCS sketch #236 and the fabby dp is by Melissa Frances. That sentiment is also a Lockhart stamp--love the swirlies!

Close up for ya, hee hee! I actually stamped & colored the shutters twice & they are popped up on dimensionals for added dimension to the image. I used lots of my favorite products on this image including some lemon yellow Flower Soft, Diamond Glaze on the window, stickles on the shutters & yellow Liquid Pearls on the flower centers. This image was really fun to play with!

I'll see ya back here on Monday with some BIG NEWS!! Have a fabulous weekend!

hugz,
Suzanne

13 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Suzanne, love the image and the pretty papers and lo. Hope you have a great weekend. Hugs Nikki x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty card, love the colore, your coloring and that stamp is so cute, I love apple pie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Suzanne,
    That is a gorgeous card! I love those new Lockhart images, so homely and welcoming.
    Wonderful job as always :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Suzanne:

    Another beautiful card from you. I stand in awe of your work. Have a wonderful time at the concert with your hubby. That will be a very special time for you both. hugs, Pat J.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Suzanne what can I say?!! You're TOO sweet!!! How extremely generous of you to have mentioned me in today's post!! THANK YOU a MILLION!!!!
    Have a fabulous weekend!!
    Hugs,
    Eve

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for showcasing this stamp. I have loved it & knew as soon as I saw it completed my vision would work. This is beautiful. Have a great time this weekend & I will keep my fingers crossed that Monday brings news of EB!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so beautiful! Keep repeating your mantra.. it has gotten me through some amazingly hard times with my stepdaughter. Have a happy weekend!

    Smiles,

    Brandi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Suzanne, another beautiful card. I can use a slice of that pie just about now.
    Enjoy yourself at the concert. Luv Elton John (and not just because he and I have the same birthday- LOL.)

    Hugs.
    Norma xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a sunny looking and happy card! The colors are bright and cheerful.

    I don't want to "burst your bubble," so to speak, but it mat not end when she is 18. My goddaughter is giving her parents sooooo much more "trouble: now, than she ever did when she was younger! Let's all hope and pray we all make it through! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an awesome card!! I love that stamp and now I want it!! Good luck with your daughter mom!! Oh....I hope your news is what I have been waiting very impatiently for!!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely card! Your coloring is fantastic and I love the flower soft. I think I'm knowing what the good news is!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card!! I love the texture the flower soft provides.
    I am sooo not ready for all that "girl" drama!! My daughter is 6 1/2 and each summer I keep saying..."your turning 5, not 15...your turning 6, not 16...and now...your turning 7, not 17"!! I CAN'T even imagine what she will be like as at 13!! Much like her mama, I assume ;-)
    Oh, and I am ALREADY grey...thanks to MY mama!! Grey in my 20's!!
    ~Lacey

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Suzanne,
    My heart goes out to you but hang in there. Them teenage years seem to last forever.
    Your card is just beautiful! Your work as always is top notch! Thanks for sharing with us and all the teaching videos that you do for us! You have helped me so much!
    Thank you and big hugs,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover