Saturday, August 22, 2009

Some Sunshine for You!!

Happy Saturday friends! Hope you're enjoying the weekend so far! We've had lots of rain(which we needed) & storms yesterday & today! I want to state that I HATE "Murphy's Law"--who came up with it & why does it even exist? LOL! I swear, I left the house yesterday afternoon & it was bright AND SUNNY! No sooner did I get to my 1st destination & it started pouring & thundering (the kinda rain you cannot see thru) & I got drenched! I get home & no later than a half-hour, the sky clears up & the friggin' sun came out! What gives, LOL? It couldn't have waited for me to run my 2 lil' errands, oh no--so I had to get new clothes on & re-do my hair & makeup for date nite w/ hubby, hee hee! And then what does it start to do AGAIN when we're getting ready to leave for dinner---yeah, you guessed it, it POURED AGAIN!! I was ready to just have a drive-thru dinner, lmbo! It was like a rain cloud was followin' me, I swear! Anywho, that's enuff about my exciting events yesterday, LOL!


NewsBitz:


-Don't forget to enter for my Halloween Blog Candy on THIS POST with all the details! You have until August 24th at midnite (EST) to do so!

-If you haven't checked out the NEW Victoria Case for SCACD stamps at Susana's Store HERE--you need to I tell ya! They are C-U-T-E!!

-I also wanted to share that I got 2 more projects published--wahooo! And one of them made the COVER!! They'll be out early next year--I'm soooo excited, still dancin' around the room!!

****************************************


So today I've got some sunshiney projects for ya to chase away that rain-cloud, hee hee! Both of my cards were based around this fabulous wire ribbon I found at Michaels--I just lovee it! First up is this fabulous Lockhart Stamp Co. "Peaches" image! I even googled a peach pic to make sure I colored it correctly, hee hee--I love fresh peaches but not as much as my MOM, she has bowls of them every summer! I used PTI's fabulous "summer sunrise" cs & dp cuz' it matched the peaches so perfectly. I added some diamond stickles to that fun lettuce bowl & a few Bella Baubles in "oyster" to finish it up! The scalloped border is done w/ my SU border punch! Summer Fabulous!

Next card uses a fabulous new image from Stampavie done by artist Tina Wenke--she has such cute images--see them all HERE! And that sunflower is so much fun & matches my ribbon of course :o) I used some nut brown Flower Soft on the center of it for lots of texture. Some diamond stickles got in there too after I colored it up with my Copics! And can you believe it--I used NO PATTERNED PAPER on this card, lol! I just used cs from PTI & embossed the blue cs with my Cuttlebug "Perfect Paisley" embossing folder!

The sentiment is from a new PTI set "Autumn Abundance"--great set! Those fabulous sunflowers are from my friend Nikki's store HERE! Just 2 fun & fabulous summer invoking cards for ya!!
Aren't they cute? Love 'em!!


Alrighty I'm off for the rest of the weekend, hee hee---gotta get some rest! Have a great one!
hugz,
Suzanne

17 comments:

  1. congreatulations on the publishing news! YOU are so deserving! I think the Lockhart card is just peachy! I love it (and the others too!)
    Off to comment on yesterday's Halloween project now that my living room is painted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Suzanne
    Congratulations on the publications!! love the DP for the peaches card and the added ribbon!
    and the other card is too cute with the flower soft in the middle of the sunflower:-) I have those little baby flowers from Nikki too!! Love them:-) really nice with the cs embossed!!
    XMichele speraX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the publication! That is fantastic news. So deserving as your cards are just beautiful!
    Great job!
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Suzanne, love the cute images and the pretty papers and colour schemes. Congratulations on the publication. Hugs Nikki x

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous cards! they are so bright and vibrant! Love the glittery sunflower!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Suzanne: Love the cards. Your work is always amazing and you are so deserving to be published. Way to go!!!!! And even more congrats on being on the cover!!! You rock!! You must let us know what publications, so we can purchase them. Hope your date night is fantabulous!!!! OK that was a made up word but it seemed like a good one to me. LOL Hugs, Pat J.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Suzanne, very very cute !! I have this stamp, but haven't had a chance to ink it yet. Your work is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are toooo funny! I love your cards! I am really new in this wonderful card making blog world and you have been such an inspiration and a great teacher! Thank you and congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the Lockhart peaches stamp. Your creation is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Suzanne!
    Wonderful work on these cards - as per usual!!!!
    Oh CONGRATULATIONS on being published. Imagine getting the COVER!!! I am so happy for you!
    Big hugs, Candy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats Suzanne on your publishing news! You deserve it and you always do beautiful work! I love this sunflower card you did! The center is so neat with all that flower soft...looks so real and has a nice dimension. See! You're so creative...love that. Hugs, Cami

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations Suzanne for the publishing news! You sure deserve what you get.
    Your cards are so very pretty and those coloring is great as usual and the flower soft is a wonderful touch for the flower!
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete
  13. Suzanne, you are so funny! I was chuckling as I was reading your blog. Not at what happened to you, but the way you tell it makes me giggle. Beautiful cards. I just love the colours and your colouring. I adore peaches--the really ripe and juicy ones. Congrats on your projects being published.

    Hugs.
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations on the publication! That is fantastic news!!!!!! You sure deserve what you get....Your cards are so very pretty and those coloring is great...wonderful touch for the flower!!!!
    --
    Reenee
    You cannot go wrong on the best security systems

    ReplyDelete
  15. Big CONGRATS on having your "peaches" card published. Gorgeous and so bright and cheery - WTG!

    Hugs,
    Marsha

    ReplyDelete
  16. Suzanne, your cards are great, so it doesn't surprise me at all about the publishing news...Congratulations, well deserved!!! I love the way you put things together, and your shading is terrific. Keep up the good work!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous Suzanne !
    Beautiful card,amazing coloured and lovely paper and super image
    Cash Online Get Easy cash at your door step

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover