Tuesday, October 27, 2009

I'm Still Here!!

Happy Tuesday to you all! I'm here, I'm here--LOL! Nothing major going on just alot of STUFF ya know so I wasn't able to get a post up for yesterday. Dumb blogger wasn't letting me upload pics on Sunday night and by 11:30 pm I'd had enough so I just went to bed! We had a good weekend, Riley is much better and we managed to get to the Pumpkin Patch on Sunday. The weather was absolutely perfect for the pumpkin patch and we had a great time, nice to see the sun again after days & days of rain! I will have pics for ya tomorrow of our fall adventure!

I'm so thrilled & touched by all the donations to the Lost Dog & Cat Foundation that have been pouring in from you all--I made my first goal and had to set another, hee hee!! It makes my heart sing to know this wonderful animal rescue will be getting much needed funds to keep helping all those abandoned & at risk animals this year!! So a big thank you from the bottom of my heart for doing this along with me, I really appreciate it and the animals will benefit greatly! You still have until November 1st to enter for the Charity Blog Candy and all the details are HERE! If you do donate, please make sure & come back to my blog and leave a comment on that post so you're entered for that HUGE BLOG CANDY!! Thanks from the bottom of my heart!

*********************************

NewsBitz:


-New Blog is coming this week---so stay tuned--I'm so excited for you to see it, it's very ME!! Can you guess what it might look like?

-Charity Blog Candy Post HERE for all the details!!

**********************************
Try It Out Tuesday #41

So since it's Tuesday that means it's another Try It Out Tuesday Challenge #41 for Susana's Custom Art & Card Design! This week I challenged the DT to use metal elements on their cards--could be charms, metallic paints, metallic papers, etc.! I chose to use a new Victoria Case for SCACD stamp called "Kringlet"--isn't she just a lil' cutie!! This sketch is this week's Mojo Monday Sketch #110--really liked this sketch this week!

My papers are by 3 Bugs In A Rug--aren't they fun?! I added some mini jingle bells to the bow and also one to end of her elf cap (I cut off the paper bell)! A few felt SU snowflakes and I stamped a sentiment from PTI onto my cutout hearts (heart nestabilities) and I used my Gold DecoColor pen to create a border around the white heart & add dots to!

I colored her with Copics and then added stardust Stickles to her dress, diamond glaze to her heart and eyes, and Gold Smooch paint to her dress trim and bell on her booties! Such a cutie don't ya think!

Now make sure & stop by the store blog "Follow Your Heart" to see the rest of the DT's fabulous projects for today!

Second project uses a favorite Lockhart stamp called "Snowlady" (there are a few in this snowman line)--I just adore snowpeople!! For this card I kept it simple--white & navy blue and lots of texture. I couldn't help but make a set of cute earring to match--I used shrinky dink paper to create them, added color with my Prisma pencils and some stickles for sparkle. The bottom of the earrings have small snowflakes attached that I made with my shrinky dink paper as well.

I embossed the white card with a Cuttlebug Folder and added a fun sentiment from the new PTI set "Vintage Ornaments". The snowflakes were all made with my punches and I added my fave Martha Stewart Snow Glitter to the white ones. The dark blue paper is actually royal blue mirrored cardstock--really shiny & pretty. The snowlady is colored with copics and then she got some Stickles on her for lots of sparkle! Just a fun holiday set!

Hope you enjoyed my projects today--and I promise to be back tomorrow with more :o)



22 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Suzanne, such a cute image and i love the pretty papers and design. Hugs Nikki x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cute! I love the jingle bell :)
    Cheers!
    Kristen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful job on these cards. Love the colors on your little elf card and the jingle bells - so cute! Love your sparkly snow lady and those earrings are the cutest ever! hugz, Angela

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooooh!! aaaaah!!! these are all FANTABULOUS!!!! Love the earrings! I need to break out my shrinky dinks paper! You are always such an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Suzanne, As always these are simply beautiful..I love the little elf..so sweet. I am glad to hear that you are ok..I was worried. I was going to email you, but I thought that if something had happened you would not have wanted to answer an emai..:D..lol. Have a great day, Lisa G

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just adorable Suzanne!!

    Take care and STAY POSITIVE!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful Suzanne and I do love your new blog layout. It's sooo you! Kram Anki

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow lovin the new look girlfriend!!!!! totally you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both cards are wonderful, I always like your images.
    Greetings Anneke.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a FANTASTIC new look!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Suzanne. Love the cards. They are beautiful. But also LOVE YOUR NEW BLOG!!!!!! It is so nice and just you!!!! Congratulations!!!! Pat J.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great cards! But I have to comment on your new blog look!! Awesome - totally you! Perfect!
    ~Lacey

    ReplyDelete
  13. As always beautiful. I have a question, I love stickles but I fine that when I use them with copic markers they smare. Did you do anything special? Everytime I have used them with copic markers it does not turn out nice.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Suzanne,
    Great cards ~ LOVE your new blog design!!
    Hugs, Candy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Suzanne, Both of your creations are amazing and the colours and sparkle are devine, the matching earrings too cute.

    Wow, wow, wow, love your new blog, yes it is perfect, I love how you have modeled it from your fabulous new craft room. It is so easy to find your tutorials and love the cute little blinkies for your signature and Lounge chair with the cutest of animals. I have added a link on my blog to your tutorials, hope this is ok.
    Hugs Jodie from Oz

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ooooo..la..la...I love this new look:o) Trés chic and super cozy!

    Your creations are once again out-of-this-world phenomenal!!! I haven't played with Shrinky Dinks since childhood, but I know that will soon change!!! I love the card and those adorable matching earrings!!! Fabulous:o)

    Hugs!
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great cards, Suzanne but what's even greater is your new blog look! It's really you and I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Outstanding cards Suzanne. Love the signature with the little lounging doggy too!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very cute stuff! I love your new look foryour blog and the dog is adorable! :) I can't say enough about your coloring. Maybe I will come up to VA and take one of your classes! :) ~Tori

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love your new blog !! The cards are great and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  21. OMG ... what a beautiful snowlady card, LOVE it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous card, as per usual :) You are so darn talented :) I love your attention to detail - just stunning. Absolutely love the new look - really pretty!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover