Tuesday, October 6, 2009

One Stamp-2 Ways!!

Happy Tuesday my stampin' friends!! How are you all doing? Have managed to get myself a sinus infection which is no fun, but at least it's not the flu! I'm used to getting these, while I don't like it, I can deal! Not much liking the change of season either--way to chilly for my bones that's for sure so that doesn't help--I'm dreaming of warm weather! I'm off to CHA (Craft & Hobby Association) this January again (yay) & am soooo hoping it's actually sunny & warm this time. I mean I fly allllll the way across the country last time in search of sun & it rains the entire time, hee hee! Any of you going to CHA in January---I'll be working w/ Diana at the Scor-Pal booth on Monday if you wanna drop in & say "hi"!! It's really a good time, meeting everyone in person & fabulous classes & make-n-takes too! Definitely worth it!

And on a quick funny note for you---here in VA we've been having a StinkBug infestation (do not know their official name)! They're a lil' beetle that excrete a nasty, nasty smell when they're threatened & grody! Well they're all over the backside of my house (apparently they like southside facing surfaces) & on all the screens. My cats are thrilled when one gets in cuz' of course they play with them until they die, then eat them & then puke them (not fun for me)! LOL ! Well last night I was putting my son to bed & closing up his window (screen was in) when I noticed that the stinkbugs were ALL OVER his curtains--I hollered for hubby to come help me and we scooped up over 28 of them!! EWWWWW--they were everywhere & Riley of course none-too thrilled! Apparently the screen in his window was a little bent & they must have been sneaking in all day--if you could've seen the look on my son's face--PRICELESS! LOL--never a dull moment I tell ya!!

**********************************

NewsBitz:

-The first challenge is up today for Mo's Digital Pencil Challenge Blog!! Click HERE to see the DT's fabulous projects & to join in on the fun too!

********************************
Try It Out Tuesday #39

Since it's Tuesday, that means it's a Try It Out Tuesday Challenge #39--this time I challenged the DT to use the new Elisabeth Bell for SCACD "Special Edition Ornamnent" stamps in a way that showcases their versatility--see them all HERE! I decided to use one fabulous stamp, "Surprise", to make 2 totally different cards! The great thing about this stamp is that it is not holiday specific--great for any celebration! My image is colored w/ copics and the fab dp is by My Mind's Eye! I added some stardust stickles to her bows and the present w/ that cute lil' puppy popping out--love it! The cs and ribbons are all from PTI, flowers are Prima & punch outs with my Retro flower punch! And yes, the double bow was made w/ my Bow Easy! :o)

I think she's so beautiful in that fancy dress!! Really love this stamp! Sentiment is from PTI's "Everyday Button Bits" set.

My second card uses the same "Surprise" stamp but this time I made a Christmas card with her! The fabulous gold cs is a heavy mirrored paper that I bought here--it embosses beautifully & is super shiny! The other dp is from my scrap pile, but the cs is PTI's Scarlet Jewel. The Poinsettias & holly are by Prima that I layered together & added a fun gold jingle bell to the center! Sentiment is by PTI's "Signature Christmas"--great grouping of holiday sentiments in this set!

This image was colored w/ Copics as well, the present's bow has gold Spica pen on it & diamond glaze. The tissue paper & her bow have stickles as well! Doesn't she look fab in her holiday finery? Using our stamps in many ways is a great way to save money--lord knows I have a ton of stamps, so this is a good example how to get more mileage out of them!

Now don't forget to stop by the store blog "Follow Your Heart" to see what fab things the DT has come up with today!!

Here is a short slideshow to thank both Cyndi & Sarah Ketchum for my goodies I got in the mail! I love them!!


See ya tomorrow!
hugz,
Suzanne

17 comments:

  1. Oh I hate stink bugs, we had them in Houston, along with ugly cockroaches, the big ones with wings. I love California, glad you had someone to help extradite them. Hope you are feeling better quickly, sinus woes are no fun. I love your stamped image and both cards. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Suzanne. I wouldn't be thrilled to have them in my room either. Poor Riley! I love your cards. They are both soo beautiful I wouldn't know which I like better..lol..Very very pretty. Have a great day. Hope your sinus infection clears up soon. Where is CHA at? I would just love to go. Insert big smile here..lol....Lisa G

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh! You poor girl :( Stink bugs!

    Your cards, however, are as sweet as can be :0


    Cheers!
    Kristen

    ReplyDelete
  4. 2 stunning works of art!! Its always great to see how versitile stamps can be!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are just so stunningly gorgeous! I love the take on both of them and the mirror paper behind the Christmas one is just enchanting! I love the layouts on both of them and the fun colors on the pink and blue one. What a great way to tie the two bows together! Just so much fun! Thanks for the great challenge! Hope you feel better.

    Big hugs to you,

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Suzanne! I'm so glad I found your work! Your art work is beautiful and your instruction very helpful. I have bookmarked you. :o)

    Take care and STAY POSITIVE!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card! Oh, how yucky. You might try vacuming up all the bugs. When we lived in Alaska, mosquitos were really bad and we would vaccum them up.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG ew stink bugs! I feel for ya girlie but had to laugh too when I read that! Grody is right! Hope they go AWAY!!! SOON!

    Your card is gorgeous though and as always I am amazed at your coloring skills-! You DA BOMB! Have a great Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable! I must confess that I was afraid that we had had the same thought - when I saw part of your blog post heading this morning...... hihi...... Kramis - Anki

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both of these are so pretty. Love the Christmas card, it is so rich looking.

    Have fun at CHA.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both versions are gorgeous! I wish I had your colouring skills. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ewww stinkbugs just don't sound any fun at all!!
    Gorgeous creations!! Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous cards!!! Your cards are superb and that image is just too adorable - I need to get that one. I'm sorry your sick again (you sure do get sick alot - you taking your vitamins?) hugz, Angela

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh and i found a bunch of those stinkers on my son's screen too! Luckily not INSIDE though!

    ReplyDelete
  15. ewwwww, the stink bugs sound awful...yuck..
    hope your sinuses get better soon sweetie...
    and i love love love your cards. fabulous colouring and i think it is brilliant how you have adapted the image for both cards.. fantastic..xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Totally fabulous cards! Love them!♥♥♥

    Hugs,
    Aud

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover