Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Somethin's Amiss!

Hello everyone and Happy Wednesday to ya!  Well it's still snowing here (big surprise huh, lol)--we're getting another 20 inches to add to the 34 we already have--blech!  And we've lost power a few times which has been a little bit wonky especially since it's so cold--thank goodness for gas fireplaces and cooktop :o)  I haven't chatted in awhile so this will be a long post I'm just warnin' ya, I've got a bunch of pics to share with ya and a funny story--my winter snow slideshow is at the bottom of this post!

So on Sunday we had friends over for a fun Super Bowl Party (Saints rocked it, WHODAT!!) and after cleaning the kitchen I was putting stuff away when I realized something was amiss!  Well, this will just prove to you how crazy my brain is.....I looked up at my kitchen windows and saw this---

 
Do you see it?  Yes, a Christmas wreath, LMBO!
How have I not seen that for the past almost 2 months, LOL--I put all of the Xmas stuff away and forgot this.  My friends must think I'm NUTS--but the best part is.....NONE of my family noticed it either, LOL so we must all be losing it I tell ya!  Hope that gives you a good laugh today :o)  And I wanted to share this picture of my daughter Alexa out in the snow with you all---when she's not rolling her eyes she's very pretty I think, hee hee!


NewsBitz:
-I will have 2 NEW Copic video's up either tomorrow or Friday for you all :o) One will be on using Copics to look like Distress Inks!!

************************************
Magnolia-licious February Sketch Project

My first project today is a Windshield Wiper card that I made for this month's Magnolia-licious DT Sketch project hosted by Diana Crick herself!!  If you want to join in on the fun with us, all the details are on the Magnolia-licious Highlites Blog HERE and instructions for this card are HERE!  I've never made one of these but once I changed the dimensions (I made my card bigger so folded up it's a 5x5"--email me if you want these dimensions) I figured it all out, but it took my slow brain a bit, LOL!  For my card I used this fabulously cute "Bunny Tilda"  sitting on top of the "Easter Egg" (you can find all of the Easter Magnolia stamps HERE)--I think she's just adorable!  My papers are by Melissa Frances called "Ambiente"--love the patterns and colors.  And I did the border around the oval with Flower Soft (pale green) to replicate the Easter Basket grass. :o)  As always check out all the Magnolia stamps HERE at Magnolia-licious!

So when you pull the left side of the card open, the 2 sentiment flags come up--so cool!  I stamped both of mine with sentiments from PTI (they say "Happy Easter" and "Somebunny Loves You")--the stripes of glitter were done with thin 1/8th Scor-Tape, stick it down, peel it off and sprinkle glitter on top!  The pearl swirls are some that I picked up at CHA ($.99 each bargain)!  All of the distressing is done with my Tonic Distress Tool---I CANNOT wait until that Zutter Distress machine comes out I tell ya (here's a peeky of it--it's pink)!
Copics Used: (Pinks R83,R81,RV10,RV0000/ Blues B02,B01,B00/ Hair E25,E33,E31,YR20/ Skin E13,E11,E00,R20)

A closer view of this cutie (reminds me of my daughter when she was young in her lil' footie jammies)--the egg she's holding and the ribbon are coated with diamond glaze and stickles on the flowers, wings and her headband.  All of those other soft sparkles were done with my Smooch Vanilla Spritz--love that stuff I tell ya!  Now make sure and hop over to the Magnolia-licious Highlites blog to join in on the fun!!

**********************************
SCACD Try It Out Tuesday #54

Yes I am a day late and a dollar short with my Tuesday challenge for Susana's Custom Art & Card Design--we had no power yesterday evening and I couldn't get my pics uploaded in time!  I challenged the DT to use pinks, reds and purples for their projects this week to honor the upcoming Valentine's Day!  I used this fabulous Lockhart stamp called "Heart Wreath" paired with some lovely pinks and lavendars (paper by Paper Pizazz)!  My project is called a "pizza box" (find instructions HERE)--but I made mine into a Love Notes box to give to someone special!
Inside the box are 6 love notes that you can give the entire box to someone that you love filled with notes of love and appreciation (they would also be cute stuck in lunchboxes)!  The small heart is another Lockhart stamp called "IB Rosebud Heart" that I stamped on each love note & colored with Copics.  All those sparkles are from my Smooch Spritz in vanilla (I told ya I loved that stuff)!

All the lil notes fit inside of the box, the box closes up and the ribbon ties around the front!  A fun little loving gift to give to someone!  Now make sure and hop over to the store blog "Follow Your Heart" to see the rest of the DT's lovely projects!

Here are my blizzard pics for ya!


I'll be back tomorrow with some Pink Cat Studio Digi Release projects--they're a lil' Irish :o)

34 comments:

  1. Lovely Pink Magnolia card! This is so cute... Lovely pastel colour... and so many details... so much to look at... Your colouring is WOW beautiful! Lovely card and Also the Box is lovely! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love both of your projects! I can't wait to see your new copic videos! Thanks so much for all that you share with us!
    Hugs,
    nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. How much snow!!!!..wow - would love that here - though a slight covering in the UK and everything stops!...Great cards as always - and yes your daughter is v pretty - both of mine are at the eye rolling stage - not sure how long it lasts!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - great pics, but I do not envy you, sorry! Does your son have trouble with the cold with his asthma? Mine does. That Tilda card is so sweet. I love how you added the Flower Soft around the edges! I just bought some Tilda's forthe first time yesterday. I have been loving everything you do with them and finally took the plunge! Hugs and stay warm - Sending Cyber Cocoa to ya! ~Tori

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwww, your card is adorable Suzanne!!! So soft looking and so cute!! ♥
    Can't believe it's STILL snowing!!! Can there possibly be any more left??? lol We have about 5 flakes dancing about outside at the moment...and that's 5 flakes more than I'd like!! lol
    Take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous cards and projects. I really need to try one of those wiper cards - they are so cool. I think once again you are getting more snow than we are. I think you had better move north not south. lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi...
    wow your work is gorgeous,.... and your Tilda is just too cute for words....hugs Kaylou xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Suzanne...This Easter Tilda is just the cutest thing ever!!! I love the coloring and all the extra little details. So cool that it is a wiper card. I love your other project as well. WOW your snow pictures are awesome, wish I was there for a little while. Your daughter is a real cutie pie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the Tilda card, she is beautiful as is your daughter! She looks so much like you do!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both of these projects are soooo cute! The love notes is a great idea. Great coloring as always!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What gorgeous projects, Suzanne. I love the little note box and the Magnolia card is stunning! I love all the distressing.
    Hugs, Christine

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow you really have a lot of snow over there:)
    Nice funny story. By the way your doughter look like you.
    Very nice cute card and box.
    Have a nice day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These projects are ust so sweet! Great card and box. Can't wait to view your new videos. hugs Shelley

    http://shelley-artfulachievements.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. GORGEOUS creations Suzanne! You are so inspiring girl! Can't wait for the Copic tutorial hun!!! :) Especially the distress w/ Copics one! :) I'm SOOO pumped for that!!! :) I'd love the dimensions to your 5 x 5 wiper card! :)
    Holy cats is that a lot of snow! Stay safe and warm hun!!! Your yard looks like Wisconsin usually looks like...I think you got our winter instead of us!
    Hugs~ Kim

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great blog post! You need to send those pictures to FOX news or something. Don't feel bad about the Christmas stuff...I packed mine in a pile to put into storage and they are still sitting in my hallway! I'm aiming for Easter to put it all away. Ha! And I don't have a snow storm as an excuse :) Stay warm and safe.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm totally speachless when I look at your creations !!! All are just stunning !!!
    But Brrrrr I don't like snow !!! Too cold !!! lol
    I can't wait to see your videos. Thanks so much for sharing, you are so inspiring.
    Hugs
    Mag :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMG you Rock! Love your card its so Soft and Cuddly looking... Looking forward to your Videos...

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your wreath, Suzanne-that's so something I would do. But it really blends in nicely so no wonder you missed it. Your daughter is pretty, and looks like a very sweet girl. Loved your projects - Tilda is too cute. Your snow pics are gorgeous. I sure do miss seeing it - just not everything that goes with it. Your dog Riley (?) looks exactly like my Molly. Do they like the snow? Molly had a ball yesterday playing ball in the cold. Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  19. Okay, Riley, Bayley - same ending, right? Wow, short-term memory is shot. I was showing this pic to my daughter who said "that IS Molly" and I realized I called poor Baylee "Riley". Sorry 'bout that. I'll have to send you a pic of Molly. Love those snow pics - too, too pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  20. OH my goodness! This is so soft and pretty. I love all of your details - pearls, punches, distressed edges - all so beautiful!! I'm buying some flower soft tonight and can't wait to give it a try. And as always, your coloring is perfect. Thanks for sharing such a beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  21. GOSH Suzanne! - Your projects just keep getting better and better! I can't believe that you can continue to make so many unique and gorgeous cards!

    Some day, I would LOVE to make even ONE card, that is as gorgeous as ALL of your project, always look to me! WOW!!

    I'm always totally amazed with your wonderful talent. You are truly gifted! How wonderful!
    ~ Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  22. WOW!! Gorgeous projects Suzanne! I just love your work!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. You are so talented Suzanne.What a great card.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hello Suzanne, OMG, I love both of your projects. The Maggie Easter card is so pretty with your wonderful pastel colours. Looking forward to your new copic videos! I also loved looking at your snow photos and your funny pic of the Christmas wreath, it must be the cold doing it to ya. Hugs Jodie from Oz

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Suzanne!!!! I´ve no words at all!!!! I lost all them when I look at your creations !!! All are just stunning !!! Love the tenderness of your last project!!! Amazing!!!!!!!!!
    Love and hugs

    Regina

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Suzanne! I had a good giggle from your wreath. Your card is sooo gorgeus! I love pastel colors and you did an excellent job on the coloring,I need this little one for sure. Did you do the distress copic tutorial already? or did i miss it? Thank you hun for your inspiration and just being so sweet to us.Wealways look foward to reading what's new and what you did at home LOL! Take Care.RubyM:)

    ReplyDelete
  27. I just adore your wiper card! That image is gorgeous and you so totally did it justice! (But whats new) Lovely as always!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Beautiful cards, Suzanne! Love the wiper card! They're so cool and I love that you made it for Easter (I am too!) LOL! Your box of cards is gorgeous! And I'm with you...bring on spring! :) hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love your cards, Suzanne; and love the pictures of the snow!!! We don't get to see that out here in CA except in our mountains, so those were pretty cool!! I guess when you have to shovel it, it's not so special, huh??? Anyway, it looks beautiful and white......

    ReplyDelete
  30. Suzanne, these are beautiful! Love your love notes /pizza box (have to check out that tutorial). Your Tilda card is gorgeous. Love how you colored her! Can't wait to see your new tutorial. hugs, Angela

    ReplyDelete
  31. Glad you are enjoying our snow! It is supposed to be here for the winter Olympics...instead you have snow and we have green grass, flowers and a bit of rain. At least the tourists in town can see our lovely city with everything blooming.

    Love the cards and tutorials...they teach me so much!

    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  32. Would help if I posted to the right post, wouldn't it? LOL Let's try it again here:

    Now I thought it was a winter wreath and that it looks fabulous!

    I see you in your daughter's face!

    Love your wiper card, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. Suzanne,
    Thanks for sharing your blizzard pics! My house is just as covered - I can't wait for spring!
    I love your springy card! Tilda is SO cute! These soft colors are wonderful!
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  34. ooooooh!! AAAAAAAAAAAhhh! THESE ARE AMAZING!!! You always impress!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover