Thursday, April 15, 2010

Ebony & Red!!

Hi all and Happy Thursday to ya!  One more day till the weekend--YAY!  We've got a busy weekend this time--my niece turns 3 and has her party on Saturday, then Saturday night is Date Night for me & the hubster (and yes dinner & movie that includes seeing "Date Night" w/ Tina Fey/Steve Carell), LOL!  Then Sunday we have to finish the flower beds out fron, put together my new solar fountain bird bath and then I have a party to go to at a friend's house--whoosh!  And of course lots of projects to finish up in the meantime too!  Weather is supposed to be beautiful today so we're going to have dinner on our golf club's patio this evening and enjoy a bit of time together and spring!

NewsBitz:

-The Fan Club Gallery is now up for everyone if you're a Fan Club member at Splitcoast Stampers (if not & want to be, see here).  That means the Dirty Dozen DT (including me) has all their projects up for you and the theme this time is VINTAGE (my fave)!  A lil' sneak peek for you below of one of my projects--I can't share any them on my blog for at least 6 mos. so this is it, hee hee!
 


-Class 4 is almost done for my Online Copic Classroom and it's up now for pre-registration (discounted pricing) if you're interested HERE (click Classroom Tab and page down) for a class description, pricing & supply list!  For the first 3 weeks I'm taking $3 from each Class 4 registration plus $100 of my own money and donating it to a great cause--this time it will go to UNICEF which I think is a brilliant & wonderful charity that serves this great big world we live in!  They educate, rescue, feed, give medical aid and help to those in need around the WORLD and you know your money is being used wisely.  I think it's so important to give back and if you've followed me regularly you know I pick different charities every now & then to support (past ones have been women's shelters, children's charities and animal rescue groups).  Once monies are collected I'll post the receipt/invoice to Unicef here on the blog for all to see--hoping for a good tally!!  There is a lot of need here in our country and around the world!  And if you don't buy a class but would like to donate some $$ email me and we will add you to the group funds!!


********************************************
Copic Creations Challenge - Ebony & Red!!

Today is the 15th which also means it's Copic Creations Challenge Time and this week the challenge is black hair!  Our sponsor this week is the fabulous The Greeting Farm and they have generously donated each of the DT members with a wonderful digi image to use and a great prize gift for a lucky participant too!  I chose this happy digi image "Dressy Ebony" (there's a rocker Ebony too) which seemed very appropriate for the challenge, lol!  And I got to use my 2 most favorite colors as well--black & red.  The black papers are by My Mind's Eye "Lush" line and the red is from "Lily Bee Designs".  That fun sentiment is from PTI's set "Handwritten Notes" (you know I'm a total PTI and sentiment addict right), ribbon is PTI too!!


I colored this lil' gal's hair with C9,C7,C5 & C3 then added a few white highlites.  I have a video tutorial on coloring black hair (at top of blog, click on the tutorials/templates tab)--it can be tricky making it look black & not gray so you have to practice at it.  You don't want to use anything below a "3" copic when coloring black hair, and do most of your coloring with your darker colors.  I added some diamond glaze to her shoes and headband for some shine--gave her skirt some white polka dots as well to match the paper!  I just love her and think she's super sassy & cute! 

Now make sure & hop over to the Copic Creations Challenge Blog and see the rest of the DT's fabulous projects with The Greeting Farm stamps and find out how you can join in too!

See ya tomorrow--have a goodie!



14 comments:

  1. ЧУДЕСНАЯ РАБОТА ТАКИЕ МИЛЫЕ КРИВЫЕ НОЖКИ.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning Suzanne---this is such a darling and colorful card...red is my favorite color so I was totally drawn right away to it..and that image is just the cutest...hope you are getting all that sunshine that we are getting here in Charm City..

    Hugs
    Nancy T.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is ANOTHER incredible creation! WOW! she is soooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute, Suzanne! I love her ebony and red ensemble. What an adorable card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW...what a STUNNING card! LOVE this adorable image and how you colored her! (Thanks for the tip about coloring black hair!) The DPs you used are fabulous for this awesome sketch! You ROCK, Suzanne!

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH WHAT A CUTE LITTLE GIRL AND COLORED SO PERFECTLY!!WOW! SO GORGEOUS!!!!!!! Love the papers they look so yumm.How you been? I missed visiting you!Sorry foe being MIA.Promise i'll try to keep up with you.Pinky promise.Thanks for sharing your creations sugar.RubyM:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute. Love how you colored her and as always it's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just fabulous Suzanne, love the stunning papers and that gorgeous Ebony in her spotty dress.
    hugs Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just a darling card, Suzanne!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome card Suzanne! Loving your black and red combo. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a very striking card and beautifully coloured, as always.
    Diane x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ebony is just perfect with ebony hair! Love the hightlights and the your paper choices are perfect! Great card, Suzanne!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Suzanne! It's been sooooooo long since I've been able to visit your blog - I've missed seeing all of your always AMAZING designs. And, this one is no exception. I love, love, love what you did with this adorable image. How perfect to use the red and black papers, not to mention your awesome coloring! I love, love, love it! :) hugz, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  14. So striking!!! Love the design and your coloring of course!!! Terrific card!!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover