Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Gold & White Sparkle and Dazzle!!

Happy Tuesday to you all!  Can you believe December 1st is tomorrow? YIKES! I've got lots to do still including finishing decorating the house, shopping, wrapping and baking! Oh My! LOL! I hope to have most of all of that done by mid next week so I can just sit back (ha, ha) and enjoy the rest of the month without running around like a crazy person!  I've only got a few more trees to put up and we'll be hunting our real trees on Saturday so I hope to be done by Sunday with the decorating.  Looking for a great arm exercise and get great muscles?  LOL--well come help me fluff trees, put lights on, carry boxes and decorate the house for a week.  My arms just ACHE I tell ya so I'm burning calories and building muscle I hope since I have NO time this week to excercise, hee hee!  And yes I put up 95% of the decorations by myself--the family room tree is a family event and hubby helps me with the outside stuff!  Our cats LOVE this time of year I tell ya, boxes to jump in, ornaments to knock off and chase (or break) and Xmas tree skirts to sleep on, LOL!  They are enjoying it immensely, hee hee!  I just love the smell the house gets during the holidays---mulled cider, evergreens, cinnamon and baking--YUM!  The kids are hoping for snow this month like we got last year--can you say BLIZZARD!  NO WAY, NO HOW do I EVER want that much snow again--a couple of inches is okay as long as I don't have to go out, lol.  But no more than that, I'm not a snow girl! Although it's been super brrrrrrrrrrrr COLD outside the past few days, oh my, I've got the fireplace going (shhhh don't tell hubby, hee hee) and my electric blankie on my bed!!  I'm dreaming of spring already, lmbo!


NewsBitz:

-The MINIS are here, the MINIS are here!!!! LOL!  Yep, Magnolia-licious has the NEW MINI HOLIDAY Collection of Magnolia stamps in stock HERE but you better hurry cuz' they are sure to sell out!  They are so cute and tiny and fun to color--I just adore them!  I'll have a project tomorrow using them in a fun way!

-SCACD has some AWESOME CYBER SALES going on as well thru Dec. 4th so make sure to check them out on the store blog HERE where they are all listed for you! (sale on Petaloo & Prima, Kraftin Kimmie stamps, Gold/Silver Flower Soft, Viva Decor and more) You don't wanna miss out!

-7 Kids College Fund has some great SALES going on at the store thru Dec. 3rd!  All items in the Christmas Section HERE are 10% off--use code CHRISTMAS10!  Also Halloween items are 30% off HERE-- use code HALLOWEEN30!

-I was too tired to finish updating my Etsy shop last night, lol!  But I PROMISE to upload the rest of the projects this evening for anyone interested in buying my projects. There are some up on my site still if you want to check them out, but the rest will be up later this evening!  Thanks to those who already swooped in and bought some --wow!  I will send them out this weekend to you all--thanks bunches!

-Don't forget to check out my Holiday Special on all my Copic Classes at the CMC Classroom--see main page HERE for all the details!  Classes make great gifts for you and your friends!  Also don't forget to check out my 2011 dates/locations for my CMC Copic Classes on the road HERE--they're filling fast!

*********************************************
Gold & White Dazzle!!



I decided to work with one of the fabulous new Elisabeth Bell for SCACD winter images from the new mini sampler release called "Flower Cheer"!  Isn't she just delightful?  I love her fancy hair and beautiful bouquet of poinsettias in that wonderful Elisabeth Bell style!  I chose to do her up in golds, creams and whites for an elegant holiday card.  Wouldn't this be fabulous to give for a Christmas wedding as well?

My papers are the new holiday Anna Griffin (The Georgette Holiday Collection)--they are all golds and silvers and are fabulously beautiful!  I saw them at summer CHA and just drooled, lol, and ordered them up as soon as I could.  They make every project super elegant and some of the papers are glittered, so pretty!  The poinsettias are from Petaloo here(25% off right now) but they were too white for me, so I spritzed them up with Smooch Spritz in gold so they really shimmer prettily IRL!  The centers of the poinsettias were bright yellow so I picked them off (lol) and added goldilocks Bella Baubles for the centers instead--yes I'm super picky and persnickety about the details of my cards, lol--can't help it!!   I also spritzed the mini rosebuds with the gold spray as well to match.

The pretty border was done with a MS border punch on PTI's new colored cardstock (love it) called Fine Linen--I ADORE this color as it's darker than the usual cream but so pretty & a great match to the muted gold tones in the papers.  The pretty tag/scrolly shapes on each side of my image are from Pink Paislee--they are called "Artisan Elements" & made of cream grungeboard and are so pretty to use.  You can paint them, spritz them and color them if you'd like--they have adhesive on the back.  I used one and cut it in half and placed 1 pc on each side of my image and added some gold Stickles for shimmer!  The scrolls were made with a Marianne Designs die of course :)


And yep, "Flower Cheer" is colored with Copics (gold-YR24,YR23,Y15,Y11 and then E31 over them to brown them up a bit/hair-E59,YR23,E31,YR20/shirt & flowers-E43,E42,E40)  I added stardust stickles (my fave) over her pants so they shimmer (hey a girl's gotta have some blingy pants).  The center of the poinsettias have a dot of gold Stickles too.  Then I stamped around the image with some of my PTI background stamps in gold ink.

Hope this puts you in a sparkling holiday mood for the day!  Make sure to stop by tomorrow for the NEW December Magnolia-licious Sketch Project that you won't want to miss!!


13 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning card, just love all that white and gold! What an enjoyable read yours posts are too Suzanne. They make my day! ~ Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, elegant indeed, the paper are gorgeous and your attention to detail is amazing!! Love the punch you used, and changing the centers of the poinsettia is one of those details that always make your cards stand out

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sensational card. Love this colour combo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely stunning card! Love the sparkle on her pants.
    Hugs
    Cordine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh oh oh, this is fabulous Suzanne! Love your layout and all the sparkle is perfect. Your work is always an inspiration. Hugs, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful card Suzanne,I love the image and the colours.
    So gorgeous papers.

    Hugs Riet.x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely stunning card, Suzanne! I just love all your cards, they are always so coordinatedand beautiful, no matter what colours you use!! I always look forard to your posts. They make my day! Hugs, Lina

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful gold and sparkly card! I love this adorable image and she is colored beautifully - love her glittered pants. Beautiful design! hugs, Angela

    ReplyDelete
  9. You always make the prettiest cards Suzanne. And thank you again for visiting me!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW is this ever beautiful..I love all of your embellishments and the colors and the papers. Everything is so perfectly fitted together. So awesome. I have this stamp that I'm going to color for one of my grandaughters' Xmas card.
    Will you ever come to Hawaii to do your coloring class??!!

    Thanks for sharing and Happy Holidays,
    hugs,
    bobbi

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just Beautiful!!! I received my Marianne Design die the other day and am excited to use it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow wat een mooie kaart
    en wat leuk dat wit met goud
    mijn complimenten
    gr,ans xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. stunning card, those papers are lovely x

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover