Sunday, November 21, 2010

The Mermaid Shimmy!

Hello and Happy Monday (or Sunday nite to those reading it early, hee hee) to you all!  I am still on vacation with my hubby thru tomorrow and I'm enjoying every minute of quiet I tell ya!  We've retreated to one of our favorite places in Alexandria, VA at the historic hotel The Morrison House!  We come here a lot in the fall to recharge our batteries and enjoy the city!  If you ever get the chance to visit you won't be disappointed---you can walk everywhere, it's dog friendly, lots of fun shopping and right on the water.  We love it and love all the great restaurants too although I must say I've over indulged a bit, LOL!  TODAY IS MY HUBBY's 43rd BIRTHDAY--WAHOOOO!  So a big Happy Birthday to my bestest friend and hubby and I'm so happy we get so spend some quality time together today--this trip is part of his present from me!!! Today we are off to Mt. Vernon (George Washington's homeplace on the Potomac) which we've been to lots but its always so pretty and so much fun. The weather is in the mid-60's so it's a perfect fall day to walk around and enjoy the property and see the Xmas decorations going up!  We're doing the "National Treasure" tour there so we'll get to see all the places they filmed in the movie including the basement--I cannot wait!! Tomorrow I'll be picking up the kids & dogs from my mom's and heading back home for a couple of days.  Then we will be heading BACK to my mom's (LOL) for Thanksgiving and come home on Friday!  I will start decorating the house on Friday and it will take me about 4-5 days to get everything up, but the Xmas tunes will be going at my house and I'll be mulling some cider as well (yum).

Now I was SUPPOSED to have a NEW SCACD card up today for you and I heartily apologize but I left my camera's SD memory card at home so I could not upload my pictures (*duh)! So it's a repeat card (from summer) but probably new to those are newer to my blog but it's the ONLY picture I had on something that I could grab :)

Check out the NEW stamps from Elisabeth Bell and Victoria Case for SCACD HERE!  So instead I'm sharing a card with you that's never been on my blog but was in the first issue of our (me & Marti's) magazine Through the Craftroom Door.  I'll share the SCACD card on Wednesday with ya--sorry!!  My bad!

NEWS:

-I have posted LOTS of NEW DATES & LOCATIONS for my traveling CMC on the Road Copic Classes for 2011!!  Make sure to check them out on my site www.cmcroad.com --- you can pre-register for them all (save your spot because they are filling fast)!!  More dates/locations to come :)

Also some Color Me Creative Classroom News for ya below:


SUPER
HOLIDAY CLASS EXTRAVAGANZA!!


Want to take another Copic class or want to GIFT a class or two to a
friend this holiday season from Color Me Creative Classroom? This special starts 11/20 & will run thru
January 2nd, 2011!!


-Take any one class (Copic or Cricut) and get $6 off

-Take any two classes (Copic Only) and get $12 off

-Take any three classes (Copic Only) and get $18 off

-Take ALL four classes (Copic Only) and get $24 off and 2 Copic Markers of your choice from ICopic.com


GIFTS-- If you want to give the GIFT of a class or two to
friends you can get the same deals as above.
So if you GIFT 2
classes then you'd get the $12 off even if it's for 2 different
people! Send a class to 4 of your friends and get the $24 off and 2
copic markers as well! Just let me know by email if its a gift and
who to send them too :)


**(Register for classes and the refund/discount will be sent back to you via PayPal within 48 hours of payment received. If you want to pay by check or money order just email me for info on that)
**NOT good on previously purchased classes!

**************************************************************
Mermaid Shimmer!!

This fun card uses my two favorite colors (like my craftroom, lol) and one of my favorite stamp artists, Mo's Digital Pencil!  This cute digi image is called "Melia on her Shell phone"---I just adore her and she was so much fun to color & glitter up!!



The back layer of aqua cs (SU's retired soft sky--my fave color EVER) was embossed with one of my fave CB embossing folders (D'Vine Swirls) to replicate waves.  Then I added a scrap of flocked toile cream & black paper to fancy it up a bit.  The shells and starfish are actually buttons from JoAnn's--I just cut off the back shanks with my Tim Holtz Tonic Scissors (love them cuz they cut EVERYTHING) so they would lay flat.  They make great accents paired with the black pearls.


Wish you could see this in person because it's so pretty & shimmery IRL!  She's colored in Copics and then to give her mermaid tail more texture and shimmer I coated it with a thick coat of Diamond Glaze and while that was wet I sprinkled on two crystal glitters--one coarse and one fine.  So when you rub your hand over it you can feel the smoothness of the glaze and then the bumpy coarse glitter and it sparkles a lot too!  The shell phone and shells in her hair got diamond glaze as well---her shell top straps were done with Smooch paint (silver).  Such a fun and cute card me thinks :)--hope you enjoyed her!

I'll see you back here on Wednesday!!



11 comments:

  1. This is absolutely stunning! The color combo and the image coloring are so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning to you both.
    Have a wonderful time together and Happy Birthday to your best friend and hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great card, lovely color combo,
    greetings, martina
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this card! It's just gorgeous! The colours and those little seashells...stunning!!!
    Hugs, Marit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice card and happy birthday to your husband!

    Thea

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to hear that you are having some down time! Cute card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How gorgeous is this! She's beautifully colored! WOW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My husband's 43 birthday was Sunday!

    I hope you enjoy the rest of your vacation...renew that spirit because you will need every ounce of rejuvenation for the upcoming holidays!

    Hugs,
    L.

    ReplyDelete
  9. as always, it's stunning! And happy birthday to your hubby!
    Hugs
    Cordine

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a fabulous time away. We went to Mount Vernon for the first time a few yrs ago & just loved it. Then we ate in Alexandria - it was a wonderful city!

    And as your blog came up on my screen, I can see that soft sky is the color of your background too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. stunning card, love the colours x

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover