Thursday, March 3, 2011

Mardi Gras Colors!

Hello everyone and a happy Thursday to you!  As you read this I should flying down to Florida for 5 days.  I have a layover in Atlanta for 2 hours---big surprise as I seem to LOVE layovers, LOL!  See what kind of trouble I can get myself into this time, hee hee---if you are a Facebook person you will see me chattering on there this afternoon during my layover.  I will do my best to humor ya'll :)  Then I arrive in Port St. Lucie at 2 pm and my good pal Pat Jaynes is picking me up, sweet thing that she is along with Dana who I will be sharing a room with.  Oh my I hope I get some sleep, LOL or class might be CRAZY!  Plus I woke up sick on Tuesday (thanks to my son) and I'm sucking on Zicam steadily and popping vitamin C---hope it improves before Saturday.  Although my head pressure should be a fabulous treat on the plane with that pressure--maybe my head will just POP & EXPLODE, lol!  I fly home on Monday and then I'm home for a few weeks before I head out again---so I've got a bit of down time coming (well down time at home but I'll still be working steadily, hee hee).  So I hope you all have a fabulous weekend.  I will have 2 more posts (one tomorrow & one on Saturday so check in with me ok).


NewsBitz:

-I am happy to announce my new CMC Challenge DT today!  Thank you to everyone who applied, I was overwhelmed with entries and talent!  This team will be for 3 months & then we will have a new team in June.  You can read all about the NEW TEAM HERE!  Congrats ladies!  They will be sharing Copic projects, knowledge and fun with you all over the next 3 months.  The Color Me Creative Classroom will be having it's 1 Year Birthday Bash starting on March 15th so stay tuned for upcoming details!  Lots of fun planned and everyone is welcome!!

-Have you subscribed to our mini-magazine "Through the Craftroom Door" yet or renewed your subscription?  Well we have lots of NEW STUFF to share with you!  The magazine site is NOW OPEN to everyone to visit and get involved with.  There is still a "subscriber only" area for all the subscribers as part of our subscription service.  I revamped the site and it is about 85% done, hope to be finished up by late next week with that.  Starting April 1st we will be having our 1 Year Anniversary Party for a week with fun, prizes and contests every day!  So stop on by HERE!

-Upcoming CMC Copic Classes locations include Phoenix, Connecticut, Michigan and South Carolina! Possibly San Jose, CA and Salt Lake City too :)  See my website www.cmcroad.com for all details!

***********************************************************************
Mardi Gras Colors!


Today I'm sharing my project I did for the 7 Kids Challenge!  Our hostess this month is Julie Glasgow and she challenged us to create a project using Mardi Gras colors -- green, purple and gold.  I toned the colors down to pastel tones to match the softness of this super sweet Bildmalarna image called "Together" from The Winged Things Collection.  Love these new designs, I want them ALL, lol!  You can find out all the challenge details at the 7 Kids Challenge Blog and see the rest of the DT projects and how to play along with us too!


My papers are a mix of PTI and Cosmo Cricket in tones of soft lilacs, creams and greens.  My gold comes in the form of her hair :)  I distressed all the edges of my papers with my Zutter Distress Tool and then inked them with brown ink.  The flowers are a mix of Primas and Wild Orchid rosebuds and tiny cream pearls decorate the side.  The matting behind the main image was done with Spellbinders "Beaded Ovals" die---have you seen the NEW dies HERE---ooooh I loveeee them!



Of course this cutie is colored with Copics (V99,V95,V91,V000/YG63,G20/E11,E00) and the I added some grass around her feet.  And some stickles of course for some soft bling!

Enjoy your day today and I'll see you back here tomorrow for a NEW SCACD Release Blog Hop!



13 comments:

  1. Hi Suzanne,
    Beautiful card, i love the images of bild malarna and your coloring.
    Have a nice time in Florida!

    Hugs
    Thea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is adorable Suzanne, just the sweetest!
    Clairexx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a wonderful card Suzanne. Love the colouring of the image and the design also. Hugs Janine

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a wonderful card. Many pleasure in Florida!!

    Gr. Anda

    ReplyDelete
  5. AWWW She is the SWEETEST Suzanne fabulous colors and coloring!!! Gorgeous work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I want to reach right through my computer screen and hug her!! This is just totally, totally adorable!!!!! Such soft, sweet colors to go with this little cutie patootie!!!
    Have a great trip, hope the cold doesn't get worse!!!
    Hugs,
    Teri

    ReplyDelete
  7. Soooo precious!!! Gorgeous card Suzanne! Always inspiring work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Suzanne I hope you get better soon :) by the way welcome to Port St. Lucie!!! I can't wait for the Classes :)(I will meet you Saturday) <3 The card is really cute love the colors. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful, Suzanne!!! Love the soft colors.

    Hope you're feeling much better.

    Huggies ~
    Sharron♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card and this little one is the cutest..Your soft color combination is gorgeous. Love the whole creation.
    Have a fun and safe trip.

    hugs
    bobbi

    ReplyDelete
  11. That Bildmalarna card is just adorable! Love those sweet facial expressions! I love the softer palette of the Mardi Gras colors. It's such a beautiful composition, too.

    XO,
    Chris Christensen

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a precious card.....love the colors, it's so adorable, Suzanne!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats to your DT!! Beautiful card. I hope you had a good trip

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover