Monday, April 11, 2011

Dude!!

Hiya my lovely friends and Happy Tuesday to you all!  I am back from my trip to Utah and I did have a great time EVEN though it SNOWED the whole time, LOL---yuck!  The mountains of Utah are just beautiful and I had a great time with my friends and doing some other "top secret" business (shhhhh can't tell y'all about it yet).  I got to visit some fun sites in and around Salt Lake City including the HUGE movie theater in Jordan, UT---I've never been in a theater so big and where it has restaurants inside that will deliver the food to you, LOL (awesome)!  We saw "Limitless" which I really enjoyed minus some of the violence & blood drinking (uck)!  They also took me to a country-western bar where with a live band and we did some line-dancing and people watching.  Some of those people there deserve to be on Dancing With the Stars I tell ya---they were awesome!  I also discovered some new things that I think we need here in VA including "Papa Murphy's Take-n-Bake" where you can order your pizza and pick it up fresh so you can bake it at home and "Cafe Rio" with its yummy Mexican food (I've got hubby on it, LOL). Sunday morning we had breakfast (yummo Eggs Benedict) at The Grand America Hotel which is beautiful and I will definitely be staying there next time.

My flights were pretty uneventful which I was glad since I was pretty sore & tired.  I got home from the hospital at 11 pm on Thursday night and never went to bed before I had to be at the airport at 4 am, LOL---lord help me.  BUT I did have a flight home with the ENTIRE Georgetown Univ. Men's Lacrosse team and they were LOUD.  I also had 2 guys behind me when we were flying from Utah to Chicago who had never flown before and I'm pretty sure that they might enjoy the medicinal "pot" a bit, LMBO (yes the marijuana drug) because they were HILARIOUS.  Every other word was "DUDE"---"Dude, I see an airplane underneath of us--is that dangerous?", "Dude, why is the plane sideways, is that the wind?", "Dude, what are all those lights in rows down there?", "Dude, the window is fogging up--is that a cloud?"  LOL--they were cracking me up.  They had to say "Dude" at least 100 times and must've rang the stewardess 20 times to ask her questions---I couldn't sleep because I was laughing so hard.  The guy next to me bet me that they would say it 100 times at least :)  But all the flights were on time, no issues, no falling down or anything like that---I don't think my poor body could have taken it KWIM.   I have a few pictures of Utah below for you---sorry I didn't have more but I left my camera at home so I just had my Iphone for pics.

On Friday I am off to Connecticut to teach for the weekend as well so this is a busy, crazy week for me.  Oh I forgot that's every week for me, bwahahahaha!  HERE is a funny Saturday Night Live clip from this past Saturday about the Southwest plane incident.  Flying so often on Southwest this really cracked me up!

Utah Pics: (if you receive my blog via email, you must come directly to my blog on the web to view slideshows)





NewsBitz:

-I Brake For Stamps is now the US Distributor for Wild Orchid Crafts flowers---if you haven't ordered yours yet you need to get on that.  They are the most beautiful flowers made of mulberry paper and come in so many varieties and colors.

-I have added a new location to my CMC Classes on the Road Schedule for Greensboro, NC in June.  I will be doing one day of Copic classes on Sat. and then on Friday evening I will be doing a combined Cards/Copics class as well if that interests you.  I will have some pre-registration up for info on my classes in Chicago and Ontario, Canada this summer as well very soon--so stay tuned!  Go to www.cmcroad.com to stay updated.

*****************************************************
Black N White


I had to pull a project out of the "Dirty Dozen Vault" from last year that I never shared on my blog for you today, LOL.  I am busy creating projects today for upcoming releases and magazine stuff so I will be pulling from the vault again soon :)  This project was made for my term on SCS Dirty Dozen team last year.  My fave color combo is always black and white---so crisp and elegant me thinks.


This beautiful floral image is from the Gina K set "Spring Florals" (one of my faves) and instead of coloring it (gasp!) I embossed the image with white EP.  All of the papers are from My Mind's Eye "Lush" which are some of my faves---the large brocade is flocked so its nice to touch too.  Very luxurious feeling.  I used the Spellbinder Die "Deckled Edge Ovals"--I like the torn look of them and its fun to mix some vintage/distress to an elegant card.  Since the papers & image take center stage the only embellishment was this pretty velvet ribbon wrapped around the card & tied in a bow.


Ok, hope you enjoyed this card today and I'll see you back here tomorrow with a new project (crossing fingers, lol).  Have a great Tuesday!



7 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card Suzanne.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Incredibly beautiful..just stunning...I just love it.
    xx Janine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Suzanne, that is such an elegant card, I love it... and you didn't use your Copics:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your travel stories!! I wonder what stories you will have from Connecticut!!! Can't wait to meet you on Saturday!!! Yes, definitely excited here LOL!!! :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dude, what a great story! I totally agree with the blood drinking thing on Limitless...yuck! We had Papa Murphy's out in CO and LOVED it. Good stuff. Beautiful and elegant card. Love the black n white. Save travels!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your travel stories, Dude, uh, I mean Suzanne! I love Papa Murphy's pizza...Yum! We had them close by in our old home in Western WA state and a few years ago they finally came to the Tucson area.

    Beautiful card! Love black and white combos!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the classic beauty of black & white too! Lovely card!

    So happy that your plane ride was uneventful & no falls in the airport. That's always a good day! LOL

    Try to rest up before you take off again (yeah right....I know you....LOL).

    Huggies ~
    Sharron♥

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover