Saturday, May 28, 2011

Happy Memorial Day!!

Hiya and Happy Memorial Day weekend (for those in the US)!  Hope you are starting your 3-day weekend off with a blast!  I know I’ve said it before but don’t forget to stop and say a prayer of thanks for those that have given their lives for our safety over the many years here in the US—it is the ULTIMATE sacrifice!  We are having a small bash at our house on Sunday and I’m looking forward to seeing some people I haven’t seen in awhile and family too.  Nothing fancy—very casual, just the way I like to roll, LOL!  Today we are busy prepping and then we have a neighbor’s barbecue to go to as well---they live next door so it’s a walk over kinda thing Smile Just a fun weekend spent with people we enjoy.  Then I have to get ready for my 8 weeks of upcoming travel for work and vacation.  I leave Friday for North Carolina to teach and then come back Saturday night to leave again on Wednesday for 5 days to go to South Carolina to teach! Then I get home and leave for Vegas for 3 days, LOL!  I’m not sure where I am or where I should be somedays I tell ya---but I am enjoying it.  Then we leave for our annual 2 week vacation to Hilton Head, SC---we rent the same house on the beach and just enjoy summer and each other.  I don’t allow friends on the trip (mean mom that I am, lol) because I want us to concentrate on us as a family---bike rides, beach time, game nights and lots and lots of ICE CREAM PEOPLE!  That is a must, LOL!  If you are ever in Hilton Head you MUST go to Hilton Head Ice Cream shop---its tucked into a lil shopping center but they make it themselves and its soooooooooooo good!  I have to do extra long bike rides or runs while I’m down there so I can enjoy lots of it, hee hee!  The beaches in Hilton Head are so uncrowded, secluded and quiet---I enjoy the peace and quiet the most.  We all need some peace & quiet---I lead a CRAZY life as most of you know and I’m a pretty CRAZY LOUD person but I like the quiet too. You need that balance every now and then KWIM!?

NewsBitz:

-Make sure to check out the CMC Challenge---a new challenge has started and everyone is welcome to join in.  We have some fabulous prizes every 2 weeks and a great group of gals!

craftdoor logo small

-Have you subscribed to our mini-magazine “Through the Craftroom Door” yet? We have lots of great articles, projects and product reviews/new stuff every month!  Come check us out at our main site that is open to everyone HERE!

******************************************************************

Summertime Bliss!!


Today I’m sharing a summertime beauty with you using one of my favorite color combos of pink and green--so fresh & perfect for summer!  I’m using a super-cute image from the “The Peekers Collection” by Elisabeth Bell for SCACD called “Hey Birdie Peeker”.  This cutie just makes you wish for long summer days spent doing whatever you wish KWIM!

I’m entering this card into the following challenges:


P1110314_edited-1

I used these beautiful soft papers from Memory Box called “Pixie” and I love the tiny patterns.  I used some rhinestone Prima swirls and then layered Prima flowers around.  For my leaves I use Prima flowers that I buy in green and then I clip them apart—so the petals are the leaves.

closeup

This cutie was colored with Copics R22,R20,Colorless/YG03,G20,YG67,G99/E11, E00/C5,C3,C1,C00/E25,E31,E50.  I added some Diamond Glaze to the birdbath and then Stickles for the water.  Some stickles on her dress’s bodice give her a bit of fun bling!

P1110316_edited-1

Don’t forget to check out the NEW Natural Beauty Collection by Carmen Medlin for SCACD HERE too—very cute!  I hope you all have a fabulous weekend and enjoy it with your friends and family no matter where in the world you may be!  See ya next week!



13 comments:

  1. Love your card, great image.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card dear !
    I think you mean Elizabeth Bell "The Peekers"collection, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you all have a busy month ahead. Glad to hear you're coming back to Hilton Head in 2 weeks. Hope you have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great card. I just love this image and love what you did with it. I haven't been to Hilton Head Island in many years. Enjoy some ice cream for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful card Suzanne,I love the image and the colours.
    So gorgeous papers.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Suzanne, what a beautiful card! The colors are great, and I love how the bird bath looks just like real stone. You did an amazing job coloring this one, it's just terrific! I'm really glad I bought this stamp now, shows me the possibilities.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow, such a pretty and sweet card, love your colouring and the papers and embellishments are gorgeous, thanks for sharing it with us at CraftyCatz this week.xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card Suzanne, this image from Elisabeth is gorgeous, love your gorgeous colouring as always, hugs Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Suzanne, Your card is really gorgeous, love the sweet image and your colouring is perfect. Beautiful design, thanks for sharing it with us at Crafty Catz. Hugs, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Suzanne
    A gorgeous and beautiful card,thankyou for joining us this week at CraftyCatz,
    Hugs Dianne xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Suzanne,
    You have about 12 layers of paper on the front of your 'Hey Birdie Peeker' card....What do you do to the single piece side of the card to offset all that weight?

    ReplyDelete
  12. This card is fantastic --the colors are beautiful and this little Elizabeth Bell image is simply precious. Thanks for joining us at PCJ this week.

    Hugs -- Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just the cutest Suzanne..!

    thanks for joining us at tpc...and good luck!

    hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover