Monday, September 17, 2012

2– FOR–1 Holiday Fun!!

Happy Monday everyone!  Did you have a great weekend?  It was in the 70’s & sunny here in VA and I did not do much of anything LOL…just like I said I would.  I mean I did some laundry, made chili and worked on a project but nothing big…no events..so I got to sleep in a bit and it was nice.  I am still hangin’ onto this darn sinus infection, now my left eye is infected cuz stuff is coming into it…gross I know…but it burns and is irritating.  Fall allergies and me are terrible together…I am more allergic in the fall to all the molds and leaves…its ridiculous.  This is WHY I hate fall (and winter) LOL..I need to live in a state with no fall or winter. The cold weather does me NO good either so this is sooo NOT my fave time of year.  I love the holidays in fall and winter but could do w/o the actual seasons!  Only 4 more years in VA and then I can moooooooveeeee….see me counting down the days and hours hahahahaha!  But NO worries…I’ll be fine, I’m used to it and it doesn’t slow me down much just ask the hubster hahahaha.  Having a slow weekend helped…sooooo if you will be in CT this weekend at my classes I will be on top of stuff and we will have FUN!!

Does anyone use Social Cam on their phones?  It’s a fun app where you can take video and then post it to Facebook, Twitter and such…kinda like Instagram but with videos instead of pics.  Well I’ve become addicted to it LOL and if you follow me on Facebook you’ve seen me put some funny videos up.  The other night the kids were dancing to that “Gangnam Style” video…that new Korean song and dance—if you have NO idea what I’m talkin’ about you can see it HERE!  It cracks me up so we were trying to get James to do the dance LOL!  Don’t worry I’m gonna get him on video doing SOMETHING, just you wait!  Something that I’m going to start after my travel ends in Nov is Vlogging….its blogging but with video.  So you will get short under 15 min vides from me…doing a little bit of everything here at home, away, with the family etc.  I’ve been thinking on doing it for awhile…my life is crazy, chaotic, silly and I figured why not get some on video so you all can really SEE what its like in my house 99% of the time LOL!  So look for that soon…if you get the Social Cam app friend me so I can see what you are up to too heehee Winking smile

*********************************************************************

2-For-1 Holidays!



 So the Magnolia-licious DT has a super-fun-creative Blog Hop for you called
“2 For 1 Holidays”….that means each DT gal has taken a holiday stamp and used it in TWO WAYS!  One way is for the holiday its intended more than likely but then the second way is to turn it into a stamp for another holiday/event to show you how to make them more versatile.  I love versatility…I have a TON of products, tools & stamps and I love to use them in more than one way.  It saves you on $$$ and space!!  You can find all the details on the hop and how to play along at the Magnolia-licious Highlites Blog




So I chose to use “#203 Tilda with cute Lamb” from the NEW Little Christmas Collection.  I knew she’d be good for a lot of different occasions like Easter, Birthdays and more.  I used a mix of papers from Glitz “Hello Friend” and MME “All Is Bright” (both paper pads on sale) and distressed and inked them all.  I wanted to keep the colors all in creams, whites and soft pinks for a softer holiday card.  The music tape is from Ranger-Tim Holtz that I ripped and added randomly.  The snowflakes were done w/ punches, inked up and then added MS Snow Glitter (my fave, fave to use for snow)…and added a few buttons and twine to finish it off.


I stamped the image on fabric..I wanted canvas but settled for cream denim at Joann’s instead which I actually like a lot.  I stamped my image in brown memento ink for a softer look and colored with TouchTwin markers.  I stamped some snowflakes with a PTI stamp set (holiday jar fillers—sentiment is from same set) and accented the flakes & poinsettia in her hair with Liquid Pearls in champagne and stickles.  The colors used are:  YR132,R131-skin, Y36,BR107,BR109-hair, GY175,Y42-green, RP9,RP196-pinks,CG3,CG1,CG.5-grays.  This card is also for the current Shinhan TouchTwin Challenge which is to color on fabric and use on a card…you can check that challenge out HERE if you want to combine a few as well!


Then my second card uses the same stamp but this time for EASTER!  I thought the lil’ lamb was perfect for the Easter season and I colored her poinsettia flower into a lily instead.  The papers got distressed a bit and are from the NEW MME The Sweetest Thing-Tangerine (on sale too)…loved the sweet spring colors.  The scrolls are a Magnolia Doohickey Die ‘Leaf & Swirl’, flowers are layered Primas and the matting behind the image is from Spellbinders.  That cute sentiment is from a set designed by our own fab Mindy Baxter called “Warm Fuzzies—All Occasions” and can be seen HERE (she has FAB sentiment sets made for cards)!


She was colored with Copics:  R02,R00,R0000 / BG72,BG11,BG10 / E11,E00,R20 / E25, E31,E50 / C3,C1,C00.  I accented her flower and sleeve with some Stickles along with creating a grass ground below her with Copics too.

Ok that’s all for me today…now prepare to have your
MINDS BLOWN by the CREATIVITY displayed today by the DT.   You will NEVER look at some of your Magnolia Stamps the same…in a GOOD way! LOL!

Your next stop on the Blog Hop is to the creatively fabulous

27 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards Suzanne. Love the creative way you stamped on fabric. Great showing of the same image with one on pastel and on bright color scheme. Fun challenge!!
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Suzanne, I love the softness of the first card with the gentle pinks....so elegant!!! Didn't realize it was fabric at first and it is beautiful! I agree this image works wonderfully for both Christmas and Easter! Love the colors you've chosen for this one too! Your coloring is always fantastic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both cards are stunning, Suzanne!! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh!! this is so perfect for both occasions Suzanne, two beautiful cards. Thank you for the inspiration.
    Hugs
    Suzi x

    ReplyDelete

  5. Hi Suzanne ,

    both cards are amazing !!! Love
    the soft colours and your
    colouring is great .
    Hugs
    Jenny xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so beautiful Suzanne ! You color both of them very nice. Love it

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are both beautiful. I love the look of the one stamped on fabric, great idea and look.

    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Louise (Mamilou) (Ontario)September 17, 2012 at 9:39 AM

    Thanks for the inspiration. Gorgeous cards. Never thought of stamping on fabric and coloring with Copics! I shall try that soon.

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This as adorable, Suzanne. I love how you created a Christmas and Easter card with this sweet Tilda. Awesome coloring on the cream denim. What a fabulous idea. It makes your card so soft and delicate.
    Hugz,
    Cathy Lee

    ReplyDelete
  10. both cards are amazingly beautiful!!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful cards,I love the images and the colours.
    So gorgeous papers.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Suzanne, fabulous creations. Would like to try stamping and colouring on fabric one day. Love the softer look. Tilda looks so adorable and oh yeah she looks perfect for Easter too. Your colouring is always awesome. Fun working on this challenge--I luv altering my Tildas.
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  13. As always... another stunning creation...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous cards! This little lamb with Tilda is so adorable. Thanks for the inspiration....

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are beautiful Suzanne! I love the soft look of your Christmas card and the fact that you used canvas with your stamped image and then the vivid and bright Easter card you created. Absolutely gorgeous! hugs, Angela

    ReplyDelete
  16. Probably should've posted over on FB-but have to say-LOVED the Vlogging!!! Alexa was soo cute-when she forgot you were there! We just did a little of the crazy dance tonite at Zumba! Sooo fun! TFS!
    Sherry107

    ReplyDelete
  17. Both cards are beautiful Suzanne. Each looks entirely different. Love them.
    Hugs....Pam:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Suzanne,
    Your projects never cease to amaze me! I blame you for my crazy copic addiction and now my Magnolia addiction;) Hehe

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your cards!! Beautiful! ! So did you do your husband's laundry?

    ReplyDelete
  20. OMG~~Suzanne these are AWESOME!!! The christmas version reminds me of Precious moments style :) The other is drop dead gorge!!!!!!
    Magnificent!!!!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  21. Both cards are so beautiful and just fantastic. Love the totally different look for each.

    Thank you for the inspiration, Suzanne.......

    ReplyDelete
  22. They're both just enchanting! I adore the Christmas card and the stamping on fabric is so delicate and feminine. Love the glitter on the snowflakes and everything about this card! And the Easter card is so precious! I love the papers and the colors are perfect for the spring. Love, simply adore them both!

    Hugs,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  23. Just stunning cards!! So glad to come by! Clever idea, too!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous, Suzanne! I love them both!!
    hugs, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  25. Both cards are gorgeous! I had so much fun playing along with the challenge. I've already added my birthday card and Christmas tag using Sneaky Tilda in the link on the challenge blog. Off to see what the rest of the DT has created!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thats a fantastic idea with the sweet lamb image.. two great ideas to use that stamp..gorgeous!

    LG
    Michaela

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover