Sunday, April 21, 2013

Just Swingin' By!

Hello again friends & Happy Sunday! Yes I'm reposting this since it kinda got buried on Friday...usually I don't have 2 posts on one day but it couldn't be avoided.  So here it is again for ya if you missed it!  I love this project because to me it says "innocence and summer fun" and after the events of the last week in the US I think we all need a little innocence & light-heartedness in our lives yes?  Thank god they captured the one bomber and will be able (hopefully) to find out WHY he did such horrible things and maybe for everyone to find some kind of closure at some point.  I have said in the past "boy I hope that's the last we see of things like that" but in my heart I know that it may happen again...but I refuse to let that fear rule our lives...you still gotta live and do it the best you can while you get the chance.  So live we all will do and let's hope the next incident never occurs.

So peace and love to you all, wherever in the world you may be.  Hug your loved ones & tell them you love them and most of all just be happy...find joy in whatever you can.  And live your lives the best way you know how :0)

 If you need MORE to read I have 2 new posts on my other blog "Bitz of Me" hee hee...just sayin'!
Have a goodie!


******************

Just Swingin'


So today is my last post as a guest designer for Little Darlings this month and I've had fun using these cuties and so happy they asked me!  This has been a rough week for us in the US and all I've been thinking about is making projects that make you happy & just smile...so that was the case with this one too.  This cutie is from the Little Darlings Collection "Just Swingin" and I knew I wanted to make a tent card (see tutorial here...I changed size to 5.5") to give this gal dimension as if she really WAS swingin' on that tire swing.  Tent cards are super easy to make and give such a realistic look & dimension..if you wanna change it up a bit!  I used Scor-Tape to hold all of it together!



So I prettied it up with papers from Prima called "Alla Prima Collection" and then used a MS border punch on the top, the swirls are a die by Memory Box.  Then I layered a mix of flowers, the grass on the outside and on the inside is from a MFT die..then I inked and added stickles to the grass.  The banner was made with a PTI die and then stamped with a PTI sentiment that says "You Make Life Fun!".



The image was colored with TouchTwin Markers and then I added Stickles to her shirt.  I added a thick coat of Diamond Glaze to the tire swing and hung the image from the inside of the card.



That's it for me today!  I hope you have a wonderful Sunday!


5 comments:

  1. Very pretty, you can just see her swinging about, so clever, Have a good weekend
    Hugs Julie P

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful card Suzanne.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this image and the folding is perfect for this! Beautiful colors too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is fabulous, love the image and colours.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another gorgeous card Suzanne!! Love the colours.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover