Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Happy Tree Fun!

Happy Tuesday friends!  And Happy Belated Veterans Day to those that are serving or have served...we thank you and appreciate your service to the US.  Its supposed to be cold and snowy today here in VA...eeek...I HATE WINTER and COLD...yup, I'm a SNOW HATER.  The cold weather has already put a damper on my level of energy and my joints are aching so I'm counting down until Spring is upon us again LOL.  Good for you that love it, but I just am not a fan. I simply wouldn't care if the only place I ever saw snow again was in my snowglobes ;) and that's the honest truth.

However I am getting excited about the upcoming holidays and have already started many projects, ordered my photo cards and am pulling out the decorations for my 10 trees this year...gotta start early ya' know!  You can see some other fun holiday projects I've done on my other blog HERE if you missed them.

*******************************

Holiday Tree Decorations!


Today I'm sharing some ornaments I made with the sweet Magnolia stamps from Magnolia-licious.  Today kicks off the newest Tuesday Challenge at the Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog and its winter themed!  Hope you can join in with us and hop on over when you get a chance to see the gorgeous DT projects! 

I used stamps from the newest "Winter Wonderland 2013" Collection of Magnolia Stamps at Magnolia-licious...both regular and mini sized!

*****


I picked up some sweet wood holiday ornaments in different shapes at AC Moore the other day (I got 12..shhh..I'm a hoarder)!  They were only 70 cents each...DEAL!  I knew I was going to make some fun ornaments with them and couldn't wait to use some with my Magnolia stamps.  I spray painted these two in white gloss paint...2 coats...before I got started decorating!



For this first ornament I used super sweet "The Day Before Christmas Edwin" and colored him up with Copics.  Then I added both Stickles (Star Dust) and MS Snow Glitter (my fave) to the snow on the tree he's peeking thru.  I also used the snow glitter on the frame surrounding the image.  The holly swirls and pineneedles are Memory Box dies that I inked with darker green SU ink.  Then I diecut the sentiment banner (PTI) and stamped it with a holiday sentiment.  A bow and hanger finish it off.  I usually let my ornaments dry 24 hours really good before I spray them with an acrylic acid-free sealer...that way they last over the years and help prevent damage.



I cut my image out with an oval die in my Cuttlebug and glued to the back of the frame, then I cut another oval out of holiday paper to place over it in the back once I was all finished.  That way the back looks nice too because we all know ornaments have a way of "spinning" on the tree :)


On this second one I used was "Show The Way Rudolph" (I used the MINI version, it comes in regular size too here)...isn't he a cutie-patootie!?  He was colored with Copics & TouchTwin markers as well.  I cut the image out leaving room for a sentiment at the top (sentiment by PTI).  I used MS Snow Glitter on the image and around the frame as well and stamped a few snowflakes around the image too.  Another Memory Box die cut border was used to cut 2 borders and add to each side of the frame.  I also punched a few snowflakes out of aqua cardstock, cut a few in half and added them around the frame.  Then one for the bow topped with a button and twine.





Hope you enjoyed this post and maybe want to make a few ornaments of your own!
Have a wonderful week!

Entering these into the following fab Linky Parties:

The DIY Dreamer
Commona-My House
Savvy Southern Style
Domestic Superhero



17 comments:

  1. Love these all the details and what a great use of frames thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wauw they are awesome. Love it

    hugs Annemarie

    ReplyDelete
  3. These decorations are just so SUPER CUTE!!!! I love the two colour schemes that you have chosen!! Both STUNNING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey Suzanne, awww, how you doing girl :) I totally understand and 100% agree to your entire first paragraph, I'm also a snow hater and winter weather sufferer, although we suffer all yr long it's def. worse in the cold weather. I wish I could just move some place warm all yr round and be done with it!!
    10 trees this yr.....oh my goodness girl.....I find it tough doing one tree, how on earth do you manage. I don't have rm for that many trees anyway.
    Well looks like it was a good choice to make ornaments then, you'll need a heck of a lot, where do you store all this Christmas beauty? Looking forward to seeing pics of your trees again this yr (I hope your sharing, lol )
    Your ornaments are gorgeous, as always.....just beautiful, I love them both. I love those images too, I have been thinking about buying some mini magnolia's, the price can't be beat but I am unsure about their size, although I know I could use them in so many ways, would I use them as often or more than the regular ones? Although I'm ashamed to say I haven't gotten to use my magnolia stamps on any finished creations yet, my poor craft room has been terribly neglected these past few months for various reasons and now I'm trying to mend a broken rib and can't craft again!!!
    Eeekkkk I just received two Magnolia-licious stamps in the mail....so excited, guess I'll have to try and see if I can at least colour now, stamping could be tough but I sooo want to play :) bye, have a great day, big inky hugs
    Cindy cinpot@msn.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cindy--thanks for stopping by! Yup I'm so sore today from the cold I can barely move...ugh! And the trees, little bits at a time is how it gets done LOL. Thank you for your sweet comments, I appreciate them. And get some of those Mag stamps colored and on projects girl...I wanna see :)
      hugz~

      Delete
  5. They are both beautiful! I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for this little tutorial... I have these frames in a bag in my craft room and was waiting for the inspiration.. I will be making these for sure. Beautiful Suzanne! xxx Ann Marie

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are just to darn cute love them! You did an awesome job♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. So beautiful, Suzanne. I just bought a few of these while out shopping last weekend. They are so versatile. I planned on using them for family photos but of course, Magnolias are perfect for them to especially those minis. These are so pretty. I love how you used your die cuts behind the frame. Fabulous artwork and so inspiring.
    Hugz,
    Cathy Lee

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two cutie patooties for your tree, Suzanne! Love them both!
    Huggies ~
    Sharron♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your beautiful little ornaments Suzanne ... Those minis are the perfect size & great idea to finish the backs as well. Always love seeing the wonderful creative things you come up with.
    Hugs, Janie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Darling Suzanne. Your attention to detail really makes them spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love both sweet creations Suzanne! Beautiful design!
    Jasmina

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love them Suzanne. What a wonderful idea. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover