Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Sunny Days Will Soon Be Here!


Happy Tuesday everyone!  It is a SNOWY & COLD Tuesday here in Virginia.  We are being hit with another cold blast this week and supposedly 8 inches of snow...can you tell I'm so thrilled. I told Winter I was breaking up with him but he didn't get the message ;)  So it took a whole week for me to get over the flu...I am not wishing it on anyone that's for sure, so hope everyone is doing well. And my pipe mess is cleaned up but we still have to drywall the walls and paint and redo the carpet so that will take a few weekends to get it all done. No fun that's for sure...doing that work delays all the OTHER work I gotta do LOL..oy vey!


So I needed some SUN and WARMTH in my life...if Mother Nature won't give it to me...well I have to take matters in my own hands right?  LOL so that's what I was thinking while I created my project below and was belting out songs along with iTunes yesterday ;)  Hope it makes your day a wee bit sunny too!

***************************
Sunny Cheer!

This card was made for the current Magnolia-licious Tuesday Challenge "Celebrations"...make a project for any celebration! So mine is for two things: 1) Birthdays and 2) Celebration of the Sun LOL...because I need sun and warmth in my life and Spring is still a bit away sadly.


This super cutie is from the Little Moscow Collection and she's "Matryoshka Tilda"...I just love her adorable self so much!  I used new papers from Authentique "Beyoutiful"..I loved the fun patterns and cheery colors...so pretty! I used a lot of dies on this card..love me my dies..a mix of older Spellbinders and Memory Box dies.  I distressed all the papers with my Zutter Distress machine and inked them in yellow ink.  The sentiment is from PTI and the flowers from Lavish Laces Etsy shop.  A few pearl swirls from Prima finish off the corners...I just snipped the pieces off that fit the best.



I colored this cutie "Matryoshka Tilda" with a mix of Copics & TouchTwin markers.
Then added some sparkle with Stickles...I also stamped around the edges with a small scrolly stamp from PTI in yellow ink.


That's all from me today...but stop by tomorrow because I have another
project up my sleeve :)  Stay warm & Keep Crafty!



12 comments:

  1. Love the sunny yellow! A really cheery card, Suzanne!

    XO,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very beautiful card Suzanne, love the pretty design

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a bright and cheery card! Love the bright colors! Think spring!!! Nancee :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow what a Gorgeous Card! Love your Colours, great Layers and Stunning Embellies! I have just been and ordered the Tilda myself! Beautiful! Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Jenny! I'm sure you will create a beautiful project with her, I think she's the cutest!! Hugs!

      Delete
  5. I love this Tilda, you have showcased her beautifully!
    hugs, Diana

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a fabulous bright and cheery card Suzanne, love your colour choices and design.
    Hugs
    Suzi x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely gorgeous as usual. You are just so talented

    ReplyDelete
  8. Suzanne I am so glad your feeling better. I am new to your blog. I found you via your youtube Copic video tutorials. Thanks a bunch for those. I really appreciate them. I do not have any Copic classes close by so have been using youtube as a learning forum. :-) Love this SUNNY card!!!! Loving the new magnolia stamps as well :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Melanie & glad you found the videos helpful :) Check out my online classroom as well...the main site is open to everyone & there are a lot of resources on there you may find helpful if you'd like: www.scrapbitzcopics.ning.com Hugs & thanks,
      Suzanne

      Delete
  9. This is truly adorable, Suzanne. I love your beautiful coloring on this Matryoshka Tilda. Gorgeous design and pretty papers to go with it. Great to hear you are feeling better. This card would brighten anyone's day!
    Hugz,
    Cath

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much sweet Cathy...I appreciate it...she brightened up my day a lot. I can't tell you how much I'm ready for spring LOL!

      Delete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover